Date Modified of a File
Author Message
 Date Modified of a File

I'm not very knowledgeable on all the available API functions but I figure
there should be a way to determine the Modified Date of any given file.  I
have a database that does an auto update each night but... it currently just
pulls the files that happen to be on the network whether they are new or
not.  What I need to check is whether or not the nightly transfer has taken
place yet (i.e. is the Date Modified field the same as today?).  Any
thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:24:31 GMT
 Date Modified of a File
Have you looked at the VBA FileDateTime() function?

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Quote:
> I'm not very knowledgeable on all the available API functions but I figure
> there should be a way to determine the Modified Date of any given file.  I
> have a database that does an auto update each night but... it currently
just
> pulls the files that happen to be on the network whether they are new or
> not.  What I need to check is whether or not the nightly transfer has
taken
> place yet (i.e. is the Date Modified field the same as today?).  Any
> thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 06:49:58 GMT
 Date Modified of a File
If all you want is the last modified date and time, Dirk's suggestion should do
the job.

However, if you want to know more, the File System Object will give you the
created, last modified, and last accessed dates and times.

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/scri...
SOoriFileSystemObject.asp?frame=true

Although the samples are in VBScript, it is so similar to VBA, you should have
no problem modifying the samples.

(If the URL wrapped, you may need to cut and paste it into your browser.)

--

Sco

M.L. "Sco" Scofield, MCSD, MCT, MCP, MSS, Access MVP
Useful Metric Conversion #13 of 19: 3 1/3 tridents = 1 decadent
Miscellaneous Access and VB "stuff" at www.ScoBiz.com

Quote:
> Have you looked at the VBA FileDateTime() function?

> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com

> (please reply to the newsgroup)

> > I'm not very knowledgeable on all the available API functions but I figure
> > there should be a way to determine the Modified Date of any given file.  I
> > have a database that does an auto update each night but... it currently
> just
> > pulls the files that happen to be on the network whether they are new or
> > not.  What I need to check is whether or not the nightly transfer has
> taken
> > place yet (i.e. is the Date Modified field the same as today?).  Any
> > thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:26:10 GMT
 Date Modified of a File
Thank you both.  I knew it was probably very easy... I just wasn't searching
well enough in the help file.  ;-)  Thanks again.

Quote:
> If all you want is the last modified date and time, Dirk's suggestion
should do
> the job.

> However, if you want to know more, the File System Object will give you
the
> created, last modified, and last accessed dates and times.

> See

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/scri...
ml/F
Quote:
> SOoriFileSystemObject.asp?frame=true

> Although the samples are in VBScript, it is so similar to VBA, you should
have
> no problem modifying the samples.

> (If the URL wrapped, you may need to cut and paste it into your browser.)

> --

> Sco

> M.L. "Sco" Scofield, MCSD, MCT, MCP, MSS, Access MVP
> Useful Metric Conversion #13 of 19: 3 1/3 tridents = 1 decadent
> Miscellaneous Access and VB "stuff" at www.ScoBiz.com

> > Have you looked at the VBA FileDateTime() function?

> > --
> > Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> > www.datagnostics.com

> > (please reply to the newsgroup)

> > > I'm not very knowledgeable on all the available API functions but I
figure
> > > there should be a way to determine the Modified Date of any given
file.  I
> > > have a database that does an auto update each night but... it
currently
> > just
> > > pulls the files that happen to be on the network whether they are new
or
> > > not.  What I need to check is whether or not the nightly transfer has
> > taken
> > > place yet (i.e. is the Date Modified field the same as today?).  Any
> > > thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:39:39 GMT

1. File Creat Date and Modified Date...

2. modify date file (file properties)

3. Modifying the Last Modified Date and Time

4. Read file Date/Time last modified

5. Files modified date

6. insert files by modified date

7. insert file by modified date and time

8. List of files modified before a certain date

9. Word: Filter files on date last modified

10. Check the last modified date on any file

11. File modified date with vbscript

12. file modified date