problem in retreving e-mail address from Outlook!! 
Author Message
 problem in retreving e-mail address from Outlook!!

Hi!

I am working on a project where i need to use Outlook, which ic configured
for an Exchange server. My all work is done except I'm not able to find a
way to extract the e-mail address of the sender. I am reading whole of my
e-mail but i need the address from where this e-mail came. Please help me in
solving this problem.

Thanks in advance

Rekhender



Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:51:49 GMT  
 problem in retreving e-mail address from Outlook!!
Hi Rekhender,

See -
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getsenderaddy.htm
HTH
Gareth


Quote:
> Hi!

> I am working on a project where i need to use Outlook, which ic configured
> for an Exchange server. My all work is done except I'm not able to find a
> way to extract the e-mail address of the sender. I am reading whole of my
> e-mail but i need the address from where this e-mail came. Please help me
in
> solving this problem.

> Thanks in advance

> Rekhender



Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:46:02 GMT  
 problem in retreving e-mail address from Outlook!!

Hi! ,

Well i have gone through this, but it doesn;t gives me the e-mail address
from the Exchange Server and I need it for Exchange as my specific req. is
for Exchange server. Actually when i try to retrieve the address, it gives
the server address and then some slashes etc. which is actually junk value
for me.

Please tell me some alternative method.

Regards

Rekhender


Quote:
> Hi Rekhender,

> See -
> http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getsenderaddy.htm
> HTH
> Gareth



> > Hi!

> > I am working on a project where i need to use Outlook, which ic
configured
> > for an Exchange server. My all work is done except I'm not able to find
a
> > way to extract the e-mail address of the sender. I am reading whole of
my
> > e-mail but i need the address from where this e-mail came. Please help
me
> in
> > solving this problem.

> > Thanks in advance

> > Rekhender



Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:29:58 GMT  
 problem in retreving e-mail address from Outlook!!
It may look like junk to you, but it's not. It's the sender's X.400 address.

Read the page again:

The Redemption method on that page shows the MAPI properties you need to use
to get the Exchange SMTP address. The AddressEntry and Fields syntax is
essentially the same with CDO as with Redemption.

There is also a link in the More Information section of that page to a
complete CDO sample.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming Jumpstart
     http://www.slipstick.com/books/jumpstart.htm


Quote:

> Hi! ,

> Well i have gone through this, but it doesn;t gives me the e-mail address
> from the Exchange Server and I need it for Exchange as my specific req. is
> for Exchange server. Actually when i try to retrieve the address, it gives
> the server address and then some slashes etc. which is actually junk value
> for me.

> Please tell me some alternative method.

> Regards

> Rekhender



> > Hi Rekhender,

> > See -
> > http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getsenderaddy.htm
> > HTH
> > Gareth



> > > Hi!

> > > I am working on a project where i need to use Outlook, which ic
> configured
> > > for an Exchange server. My all work is done except I'm not able to
find
> a
> > > way to extract the e-mail address of the sender. I am reading whole of
> my
> > > e-mail but i need the address from where this e-mail came. Please help
> me
> > in
> > > solving this problem.

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Rekhender



Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:57:03 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Mail server's address from Email address

2. smtp email addresses in the Outlook global address list

3. Updating email address in Outlook from VB / Outlook ignores changes

4. outlook 2000 - getting a mail's mail address

5. Specifying an e-mail address or Reply To address when sending mail

6. Retrieve Email Address From Returned Mail

7. Forward e-mail according to sender's email address

8. Removing Email addresses from Mailing List?

9. Mail to IP instead of Email Address

10. click on an Email address to start mail package

11. click on an Email address to start mail package

12. Mail Server's IPAddress from Email Address

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software