Acc97: Capturing return codes from DoCmd
Author Message
 Acc97: Capturing return codes from DoCmd

In Access87 I have a DoCmd.TransferText command. I would like to
capture the return code and check it from within my program code. How
do I do that?

Thanks.
------------------
Denny Pasternak
FDC - Teleservices
Omaha, NE

Sun, 15 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Acc97: Capturing return codes from DoCmd
You can't, since a DoCmd is an emulated Macro command, you're stuck on
this one...

Steve

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:48:02 -0600, Denny Pasternak

Quote:

>In Access87 I have a DoCmd.TransferText command. I would like to
>capture the return code and check it from within my program code. How
>do I do that?

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Acc97: Capturing return codes from DoCmd
Use an error handler routine to intercept your problems if they occur such
as

Function FN ()

On Error GoTo FNError

FNExit:

    Exit Function

FNError:

    MsgBox Application.currentobjectname & " - Error in FN().  " &
Err.Description & "  Err No:  " & Err.Number, 16
    Resume FNExit

End Function

Dick

Quote:

>In Access87 I have a DoCmd.TransferText command. I would like to
>capture the return code and check it from within my program code. How
>do I do that?

>Thanks.
>------------------
>Denny Pasternak
>FDC - Teleservices
>Omaha, NE

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Acc97: Capturing return codes from DoCmd
I have an error handler routine, but it doesn't catch everything that
happens. For example, in my Transfer.Text command there can be
instances when some records aren't imported for various reasons, but
the error handler isn't invoked under those conditions.

Thanks.

Denny

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:15:49 -0600, "Glen Knippenberg"

Quote:

>Use an error handler routine to intercept your problems if they occur such
>as

>Function FN ()

>On Error GoTo FNError

>FNExit:

>    Exit Function

>FNError:

>    MsgBox Application.currentobjectname & " - Error in FN().  " &
>Err.Description & "  Err No:  " & Err.Number, 16
>    Resume FNExit

>End Function

>Dick

>>In Access87 I have a DoCmd.TransferText command. I would like to
>>capture the return code and check it from within my program code. How
>>do I do that?

>>Thanks.
>>------------------
>>Denny Pasternak
>>FDC - Teleservices
>>Omaha, NE

------------------
Denny Pasternak
FDC - Teleservices
Omaha, NE

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Acc97: Capturing return code from DoMsg

2. No method or property for docmd in ACC97 ?

3. Capturing Oracle return codes in Visual Basic

4. receive returned value from doCmd.openquery

5. DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord

6. stored procedures: return codes and return status with rdo

7. Hide Objects in Database Window using Code (Acc97)

8. DoCmd.SendObject - VBA Code

9. Having Trouble w/Data Validation Code (Acc97)

10. Acc97: Turning off Cascading Deletes via program code

11. Acc97: Turing off cascading deletes via program code

12. Help! - Acc97 to Acc2k Coding Problem