Need VB Version Advice
Author Message
 Need VB Version Advice

Some time ago I purchased VB 4.0 Professional.  I developed a couple of small
applications which have been used at work with great success.

I'm now setting up an older 80486 ISA/PCI machine with a AM5x86-P75 for a CPU
which will be a VB development machine.  What I want to do is get into DAQ - TTY
level digital I/O - using both ISA and PCI cards.  I'd like the DAQ cards to be
compatable with the use of VB, which I think means the manufacture has VB support
software.

Any suggestions as to migration of VB or VBA?  Also, any suggestions of DAC cards
that mesh nicely with VB?  I want to be able to, among other things, get
interrupts from a TTY input state change, have code modules fire up allowing me
to make program decisions to then set digital TTY outputs.  This is all for fun
and learning ... my goal is to construct tablelized (model) railroad signal
control ... and learn more about VB and DAQ in the process.

Thu, 08 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Need VB Version Advice
Hi Dave,

This group deals with VBA macros running in Microsoft Word. I think you may
have a better chance of getting an answer if you report your question to
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

[...]

I have an ISA 8255 PIO Card that I had to write some simple C++ DLLs to
enable programming using VB/VBA

[...]

Fri, 09 May 2003 08:10:01 GMT

1. VB 4.0 32 Bit Version.dll example needed - use functions in version dll.htm (1/1)

2. VB 4.0 32 Bit Version.dll example needed - use functions in version dll.htm (0/1)

3. Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5

4. Object Oriented VB - Need advice

5. VB.NET and ADO Advice Needed

6. need advice to convert VB app to ASP!

7. Need advice - is VB up to the job?????

8. Need VB advice !

9. Need advice about Codebase 6.2 and VB 5.0

10. Need some advice on SQL Server/VB

11. need advice on VB database books

12. An experienced VB guy going to .NET needs advice