Changing Focus to Print Dialog
Author Message
 Changing Focus to Print Dialog

Hi, I have a program which prints various access 2000 reports, I use the

accApp.DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint

method to print the report. The problem is that access is not visible while
it works on the reports, and the above command is internal to accesss. When
it executes I have to tab across to access to see the print dialog (which
all works correctly). How can I automate this tabbing across to the print
dialog, I tried doing

accApp.Visible = True
accApp.DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint
accApp.Visible = False

but this showed the whole access window, not just the print dialog. I assume
it must be possible to achieve this because I can tab to it and not see the
whole application, but how do I do this from code?

cheers,
dave.

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:27:26 GMT
 Changing Focus to Print Dialog

Quote:

You could create a Access form that opens and lets the
user choose from your list of reports. You would call

accApp.DoCmd.OpenForm "ReportListForm" 'etc.
from your application. Then your ReportListForm could use
a listbox, combobox, or checkboxes that allows the user to
select the reports to print.

Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:18:41 GMT

1. Print dialog only will change only change print location before first print

2. Try Again: How to change the printer in the Print Dialog of the Common Dialog

3. W2000 - change initial focus of the file insert dialog box

4. Unexpected Focus Change/Dialog Background Color

5. Print dialog only will change printer once

6. Printing - changing printers via Code rather than dialog box

7. Changing MSFlexGrid Cell Color w/o Changing Focus?

8. Question about the Common Dialog print dialog control

9. print dialog w/o common dialog

10. Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 Problem (Print Dialog)

11. Common Dialog Print Dialog Portion

12. Print Dialog & Print Preview