VBA-Access or VB
Author Message
 VBA-Access or VB

I will need to make a simple managment
application but i dont know what use: VBA-Access
or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
give me some advantages of using each one.
Where can i find some information about this two
topics.

Thank You...
Patricia Fernandes
Portugal

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA-Access or VB
I will need to make a simple managment application but i dont know
what use: VBA-Access or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
give me some advantages of using each one.
Where can i find some information about this two topics.

Thank You...
Patricia Fernandes
Portugal

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA-Access or VB
Not very well, without a lot of help. Thats why my VB loc.
tools and the multilang utilities are selling so well! :-)

Michael

-------------------------------
random junk of dubious value is at:
http://www.trigeminal.com

Quote:
> An additional element to the above is, if you need to
distribute your
> application in different languages. In that case VB6 has a
need feature
> which supports multiple languages.

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA-Access or VB
If your applications rely on storage of data, I would prefer to use
Access, while an application which is used not for data storage, but for
example calculations I would use VB6.

If you go for VB6 with a database it is a clear advantage to have all
your table definitions ready in a mdb file before starting your coding,
in particular if you use the wizard.

An additional element to the above is, if you need to distribute your
application in different languages. In that case VB6 has a need feature
which supports multiple languages.

Kind regards

Michael

Quote:

> I will need to make a simple managment application but i dont know
> what use: VBA-Access or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
> give me some advantages of using each one.
> Where can i find some information about this two topics.

> Thank You...
> Patricia Fernandes
> Portugal

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

Sat, 03 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA-Access or VB
Access or VB: It depends. For a small database (less than 50,000 records)
and for rapid development of forms, queries and reports, Access is best. VB
takes much more time to develop in. However, if you are working with an
extremely large database (or perhaps a non-database) and have the time, then
VB can certainly do things that Access cannot.
   For databases I tend to write in Access: very fast development - both the
front-end and back-end. Once the users are content with the design (i.e.,
the program has remained static for a while), but the number of records is
rapidly climbing, then I will "upsize" the back-end onto SQL Server and
start working on a VB front-end. (The Access front-end will still work with
SQL Server until the VB front-end is completed.)
  For non-database projects, probably best to stick with VB. VB creates an
executable file that can be installed on most PC's, whereas you need Access
or runtime-Access to run an Access application. Further, VB runs much faster
and consumes less RAM that Access.
---Phil Szlyk

Quote:
>I will need to make a simple managment
>application but i dont know what use: VBA-Access
>or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
>give me some advantages of using each one.
>Where can i find some information about this two
>topics.

>Thank You...
>Patricia Fernandes
>Portugal

>---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA-Access or VB

Quote:
> I will need to make a simple managment
> application but i dont know what use: VBA-Access
> or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
> give me some advantages of using each one.
> Where can i find some information about this two
> topics.

Reporting is another important issue.  Visual Basic 6.0 features a
report writer, but it is pretty weak compared with the Access report
writer.  I recommend Access for applications where you need to generate
reports in very high quality, or in applications were reports need to
be very dynamic.

  Jason

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBA-Access or VB

2. Is Access VBA as fast as VB VBA?

3. Access 97 VBA v Access 2K VBA - different ?

4. Access 2000 VBA Handbook vis a vis Access 97 VBA Handbook

5. accessing access xp vba from vb

6. Access VBA Calling MSWord/Excel VBA?

7. VBA Analysis Tookpack- Excel In Access VBA

8. ACCESS VBA - why different from other vba?

9. vba access vs vba excel (alguien sabe?)

10. How to access Office VBA from Outlook VBA

11. Exec. Word VBA Function From Access using VBA

12. Access(VBA) to VB