Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field
Author Message
 Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field

I have two fields.  One is a check box called Complete.
Another is a Date Complete field.  I want the Date
Complete field to automatically fill in with today's date
when a user clicks the Complete checkbox.  I've tried
adding an event in AfterUpdate of the Complete field that
says Date Complete = Date(), but it gives me an error.
Any ideas how I can do this?

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:07:21 GMT
 Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field
Post your code and provide the exact text of the error message.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> I have two fields.  One is a check box called Complete.
> Another is a Date Complete field.  I want the Date
> Complete field to automatically fill in with today's date
> when a user clicks the Complete checkbox.  I've tried
> adding an event in AfterUpdate of the Complete field that
> says Date Complete = Date(), but it gives me an error.
> Any ideas how I can do this?

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:27:12 GMT
 Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field
WARNING - the email addresses posted to this newsgroup
are being harvested by spammers (I know because it has
happened to me). Do not post using your valid email
address..use a fake email address. Please contact
Customer Service for this Newsgroup and request that they
delete your email address. Using a valid email address is
not necessary, but this site requires the input of an
email address; however, they do not warn the user that
they will be subject to SPAM, and that their email
address will be sent to hundreds of other servers!
Quote:

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:39:50 GMT
 Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field
Here is the code that I entered in the AfterUpdate event.

Private Sub Work_Order_Complete_AfterUpdate()
WOC Date = Date()
End Sub

The error message says:  Compile error: Sub of Function
not defined.

And the code is converted to this:
Private Sub Work_Order_Complete_AfterUpdate()
WOC Date = Date
End Sub
(it strips the Date() to just Date)

Quote:

Quote:
>> I have two fields.  One is a check box called
Complete.
>> Another is a Date Complete field.  I want the Date
>> Complete field to automatically fill in with today's
date
>> when a user clicks the Complete checkbox.  I've tried
>> adding an event in AfterUpdate of the Complete field
that
>> says Date Complete = Date(), but it gives me an error.
>> Any ideas how I can do this?
>.

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:09:36 GMT
 Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field
What is "WOC Date"? With a space in it, that doesn't look like a valid control name.

Let's also be sure we have the right context. You posted in a VBA newsgroup, so the assumption is that you're working on a VBA userform. Is that correct, or are you working on an Outlook form, which uses quite different syntax?
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Here is the code that I entered in the AfterUpdate event.

> Private Sub Work_Order_Complete_AfterUpdate()
> WOC Date = Date()
> End Sub

> The error message says:  Compile error: Sub of Function
> not defined.

> And the code is converted to this:
> Private Sub Work_Order_Complete_AfterUpdate()
> WOC Date = Date
> End Sub
> (it strips the Date() to just Date)

> >> I have two fields.  One is a check box called
> Complete.
> >> Another is a Date Complete field.  I want the Date
> >> Complete field to automatically fill in with today's
> date
> >> when a user clicks the Complete checkbox.  I've tried
> >> adding an event in AfterUpdate of the Complete field
> that
> >> says Date Complete = Date(), but it gives me an error.
> >> Any ideas how I can do this?
> >.

Sat, 03 Dec 2005 23:33:20 GMT

1. Update Query Field based on Date Series

2. Auto Add Date In Memo Field Thru VB5

3. Auto fill custom field based on WBS?

4. Selecting recordsets based on Auto-Number fields

5. Auto Populate text fields from a database based on choice

6. Help wanted...Editing Auto Increment Fields

7. How do you update a null date into an access table date field

8. auto updating a field after mail merge to word

9. auto update fields

10. need help on getting the auto-increment value of a field BEFORE updating recordset

11. How auto Update data to fields ????

12. Auto-Update a protected field