Linking DBF file Mystery??
Author Message
 Linking DBF file Mystery??

Hi there
I would say that linking a dbf file to a database has always been no issue,
but when I tried to linked recently one table on my system it only come up
with the first row the rest was not visible.
I tried to link via Odbc with the effect to the same story.

is there something I am missing here???

any help hint would be much appreciated.

ps I am use Access 97

By Norman

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Linking DBF file Mystery??
Can you import the DBF? If so, does all the expected data arrive? If
not, can you read the DBF with any other DBMS (IE, dBASE III or IV)?
If you can read it with dBASE but not with Access (as a linked file),
then I truly do not understand, but would offer this suggestion: Read
it with the "other" viewer, save it as ASCII delimited, import to
Access, export as a newfile.DBF. Then, attach to newfile.DBF and C if
U still have probs.

Best Regards,

Mike H
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:39:29 +1100, "Norman Fritag"

Quote:

>Hi there
>I would say that linking a dbf file to a database has always been no issue,
>but when I tried to linked recently one table on my system it only come up
>with the first row the rest was not visible.
>I tried to link via Odbc with the effect to the same story.

>is there something I am missing here???

>any help hint would be much appreciated.

>ps I am use Access 97

>By Norman

High Point, NC  USA

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Linking DBF file Mystery??
yes it is as you say yourself. I can read the file with any other program,
even import the all rows o.K. , but when I link it it show only on row???

By Norman.

Quote:
> Can you import the DBF? If so, does all the expected data arrive? If
> not, can you read the DBF with any other DBMS (IE, dBASE III or IV)?
> If you can read it with dBASE but not with Access (as a linked file),
> then I truly do not understand, but would offer this suggestion: Read
> it with the "other" viewer, save it as ASCII delimited, import to
> Access, export as a newfile.DBF. Then, attach to newfile.DBF and C if
> U still have probs.

> Best Regards,

> Mike H
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:39:29 +1100, "Norman Fritag"

> >Hi there
> >I would say that linking a dbf file to a database has always been no
issue,
> >but when I tried to linked recently one table on my system it only come
up
> >with the first row the rest was not visible.
> >I tried to link via Odbc with the effect to the same story.

> >is there something I am missing here???

> >any help hint would be much appreciated.

> >ps I am use Access 97

> >By Norman

> High Point, NC  USA

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Linking DBF file Mystery??
Did you export it as newfile.dbf and try to attach to that?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:08:10 +1100, "Norman Fritag"

Quote:

>yes it is as you say yourself. I can read the file with any other program,
>even import the all rows o.K. , but when I link it it show only on row???

>By Norman.

>> Can you import the DBF? If so, does all the expected data arrive? If
>> not, can you read the DBF with any other DBMS (IE, dBASE III or IV)?
>> If you can read it with dBASE but not with Access (as a linked file),
>> then I truly do not understand, but would offer this suggestion: Read
>> it with the "other" viewer, save it as ASCII delimited, import to
>> Access, export as a newfile.DBF. Then, attach to newfile.DBF and C if
>> U still have probs.

>> Best Regards,

>> Mike H
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:39:29 +1100, "Norman Fritag"

>> >Hi there
>> >I would say that linking a dbf file to a database has always been no
>issue,
>> >but when I tried to linked recently one table on my system it only come
>up
>> >with the first row the rest was not visible.
>> >I tried to link via Odbc with the effect to the same story.

>> >is there something I am missing here???

>> >any help hint would be much appreciated.

>> >ps I am use Access 97

>> >By Norman

>> High Point, NC  USA

High Point, NC  USA

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Linking DBF file Mystery??
I had a similar problem.  I was using "dBaseIV"
as the argument.  I changed it to "dBase III" and
it worked fine.

Quote:
> Hi there
> I would say that linking a dbf file to a

database has always been no issue,
Quote:
> but when I tried to linked recently one table

on my system it only come up

Quote:
> with the first row the rest was not visible.
> I tried to link via Odbc with the effect to the
same story.

> is there something I am missing here???

> any help hint would be much appreciated.

> ps I am use Access 97

> By Norman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Convert Access 2.0 Dbf-file to Access 97 Dbf-file

2. Linking DBF files in Access 2000

3. Strange behavior of linked dbf files

4. Urgent problem linking(or importing) dbf files to mdb

5. How to combine the data from two .dbf database file to one new .dbf database fil

6. Manually Linking a DBF with Access2000

7. how to access a foxpro 3.0 dbf which is linked to a dbc

8. Link DBF to MDB at Run Time

9. connecting to an access database with linked .dbf tables

10. ODBC,Jet 3.51 Driver, Access w/linked DBF

11. Vb6 App Wizard no see dbf linked in Access

12. Link DBF at Run Time