Dim MyRs As Recordset not recognized
Author Message
 Dim MyRs As Recordset not recognized

I am using the following lines in a module that runs after a combo box
is updated in a form that displays various fields in a table:

Private Sub LookUpAlertNumber_AfterUpdate()
    ' comments
    Dim MyRs As Recordset
    Set MyRs = Me.RecordSetClone
    ' build criteria for searching the table
End Sub

Whenever I open the form, choose an item from the combo box, and enter,
I get an Automation Error that points to the Dim MyRs As Recordset line.

I have consulted the MS Tech Support Online database which suggests the
problem may be in the DAO350.DLL file. I have completely deleted and
reinstalled MS Office 97 and the problem still exists. I am at a loss
for what I am doing wrong. Have I left something out? Have I used this
object incorrectly? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.

A newbie in PA

Mon, 21 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dim MyRs As Recordset not recognized

Hi,

Try looking under Tools/References and make sure that you don't have any
references "Missing". If so, uncheck them.

Also try to import all objects in a new database.  Hopefully one of these
two should do the trick.

HTH

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:
[...]

Also, be aware that deleting MS Office may not have removed the offending
dll, as it's marked as "shared".  If Dev's suggestions don't work, try
uninstalling Office (using the Control Panel, which I'm sure you did
anyway), then manually deleting the .dll from (I think) the Windows/System
directory.

Also, check the code on another machine if you can, just to make sure that
it really is a system problem.  (I always suspect myself first.)

    - Rebecca.

Quote:

>Hi,

>Try looking under Tools/References and make sure that you don't have any
>references "Missing". If so, uncheck them.

>Also try to import all objects in a new database.  Hopefully one of these
>two should do the trick.

>HTH

>--
>Just my $.001
>Dev Ashish
>---------------
>The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
>---------------

>:I am using the following lines in a module that runs after a combo box
>:is updated in a form that displays various fields in a table:
>:
>:Private Sub LookUpAlertNumber_AfterUpdate()
>:    ' comments
>:    Dim MyRs As Recordset
>:    Set MyRs = Me.RecordSetClone
>:    ' build criteria for searching the table
>:End Sub
>:
>:Whenever I open the form, choose an item from the combo box, and enter,
>:I get an Automation Error that points to the Dim MyRs As Recordset line.
>:
>:I have consulted the MS Tech Support Online database which suggests the
>:problem may be in the DAO350.DLL file. I have completely deleted and
>:reinstalled MS Office 97 and the problem still exists. I am at a loss
>:for what I am doing wrong. Have I left something out? Have I used this
>:object incorrectly? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.
>:
>:A newbie in PA
>:

Tue, 22 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Dim MyRs As Recordset not recognized

Recordsets usually get set something like this

Dim dbs As Database, rst As Recordset
Set dbs = CurrentDb
Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset([a definition statement])

You have to work through the hierarchy in DAO and do the Database thing.
[This will change in time as Access shifts to RDO and it's successors.]

--
Buddy Springman
Transcripts Unlimited, Inc.

"Never ask a ferret to do a weasel's job."

Quote:

>Hi,

>Try looking under Tools/References and make sure that you don't have any
>references "Missing". If so, uncheck them.

>Also try to import all objects in a new database.  Hopefully one of these
>two should do the trick.

>HTH

>--
>Just my $.001
>Dev Ashish
>---------------
>The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
>---------------

>:I am using the following lines in a module that runs after a combo box
>:is updated in a form that displays various fields in a table:
>:
>:Private Sub LookUpAlertNumber_AfterUpdate()
>:    ' comments
>:    Dim MyRs As Recordset
>:    Set MyRs = Me.RecordSetClone
>:    ' build criteria for searching the table
>:End Sub
>:
>:Whenever I open the form, choose an item from the combo box, and enter,
>:I get an Automation Error that points to the Dim MyRs As Recordset line.
>:
>:I have consulted the MS Tech Support Online database which suggests the
>:problem may be in the DAO350.DLL file. I have completely deleted and
>:reinstalled MS Office 97 and the problem still exists. I am at a loss
>:for what I am doing wrong. Have I left something out? Have I used this
>:object incorrectly? Any suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated.
>:
>:A newbie in PA
>:

Tue, 22 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Recordset not recognized???

2. VB doesn't recognize dim db as Database

3. VBA Doesn't recognize DAO.RecordSet

4. Recognize between Recordset EOF and Record is locked

5. Recordcount in MyRs

6. Null value in AUTONUMBER field after MyRS.RECSET.AddNew

7. ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized

8. User defined function not recognized

9. Database object not recognized

10. Access locks up when I try to Dim a recordset

11. DAO objects not recognized in modules?

12. Does not recognize database objects