Auto-filling fields with previous fields' data
Author Message
 Auto-filling fields with previous fields' data

Sorry if this question has been asked before.  I have a limited knowledge
(translation: nada) of VB, so please, be gentle...

What I'm trying to accomplish is create a form in which a number of fields
automatically populate with the text entered into other fileds of the form.
(e.g., the name and address fields are filled in on the first page and are
subsequently populated on following pages.)   Can this be done and, if so, how?

Thanks much for your tutelage!

Alan D.

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:57:07 GMT
 Auto-filling fields with previous fields' data

Hi AlanD,

Are you talking about a document form, or a UserForm (dialog box - which is
what this group is nominally about)? I get the impression it's the former.

In this case, you can use a REF field to display a text formfield's content
elsewhere in the document. The REF field references the bookmark/formfield
name.

Quote:
> What I'm trying to accomplish is create a form in which a number of fields
> automatically populate with the text entered into other fileds of the form.
> (e.g., the name and address fields are filled in on the first page and are
> subsequently populated on following pages.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Tue, 04 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Auto-filling fields in a new record with info from a previous record

2. Replicating fields using previous record's data

3. Pre-fill field based on previous messages in Public Folder

4. Auto fill fields - exit screen

5. Auto fill custom field based on WBS?

6. Auto fill in fields through popup

7. Form fields in Headers and Footers or Auto fill

8. Fill field in one table from field in another table

9. Want to auto update date field based on adding check in another field

10. Fill Fields with attachment data

11. Button for filling a fill-In field ? (Newbie)

12. Button for filling a fill-In field ? (Newbie)