Using VBA to change the Text Size in Outlook's web browser 
Author Message
 Using VBA to change the Text Size in Outlook's web browser

Hi all,
In Internet Explorer (IE) you can change the text size of web pages using
"View | Text Size" menu, but there doesn't seem to be any similar function
in Outlook.

Given this, I thought I could add my own Text Size menu to Outlook using
VBA, but after browsing with the VBA class browser for some time, I couldn't
find a single method or variable that might let me change the text size of
web pages.

This seems strange to me: I would've thought that IE and Outlook would share
the same rendering engine, and that the Text Size method or variable would
be a part of that engine. So I would've thought that it would be pretty easy
to change the text size from within Outlook.

Can anyone help me with this problem, or make any suggestions? (Apart from
"switch to IE" ;-)

Best wishes, Simon



Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:22:32 GMT  
 Using VBA to change the Text Size in Outlook's web browser
The only way to control that in Outlook is if you are using WordMail,
where you would use the Word object model on the open email item (Word
document).

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm


Quote:
> Hi all,
> In Internet Explorer (IE) you can change the text size of web pages
using
> "View | Text Size" menu, but there doesn't seem to be any similar
function
> in Outlook.

> Given this, I thought I could add my own Text Size menu to Outlook
using
> VBA, but after browsing with the VBA class browser for some time, I
couldn't
> find a single method or variable that might let me change the text
size of
> web pages.

> This seems strange to me: I would've thought that IE and Outlook
would share
> the same rendering engine, and that the Text Size method or variable
would
> be a part of that engine. So I would've thought that it would be
pretty easy
> to change the text size from within Outlook.

> Can anyone help me with this problem, or make any suggestions?
(Apart from
> "switch to IE" ;-)

> Best wishes, Simon



Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:56:09 GMT  
 Using VBA to change the Text Size in Outlook's web browser
Thanks for the suggestion, Ken.

I wonder why MS would put a web browser function into the Word class! Also,
I browsed through the Word class with the VBA class browser, and I couldn't
see any methods that might do the job. Of course, that doesn't mean they're
not there: while I've had quite a bit of experience with OO programming, I'm
a rank VBA newbie.

At any rate, I have found a workaround of sorts. A bloke on another list
told me that I can change the size of text in Outlook web pages by holding
down the control key, while turning the mouse wheel. While this doesn't
permanently change the text size in Outlook web pages, it takes so little
time that I'm prepared to call the problem solved.

Still, I can't help thinking that it'd be nice to add a Text Size sub-menu
to the menu that pops up when you right-click an Outlook web page.

Best wishes, Simon



Quote:
> The only way to control that in Outlook is if you are using WordMail,
> where you would use the Word object model on the open email item (Word
> document).



Sun, 02 Jan 2005 07:45:39 GMT  
 Using VBA to change the Text Size in Outlook's web browser
And a lot of people, admins mostly, wonder why Outlook supports
browsing at all <g>

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm


Quote:
> Thanks for the suggestion, Ken.

> I wonder why MS would put a web browser function into the Word
class! Also,
> I browsed through the Word class with the VBA class browser, and I
couldn't
> see any methods that might do the job. Of course, that doesn't mean
they're
> not there: while I've had quite a bit of experience with OO
programming, I'm
> a rank VBA newbie.

> At any rate, I have found a workaround of sorts. A bloke on another
list
> told me that I can change the size of text in Outlook web pages by
holding
> down the control key, while turning the mouse wheel. While this
doesn't
> permanently change the text size in Outlook web pages, it takes so
little
> time that I'm prepared to call the problem solved.

> Still, I can't help thinking that it'd be nice to add a Text Size
sub-menu
> to the menu that pops up when you right-click an Outlook web page.

> Best wishes, Simon



Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:08:13 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Changing web browser's Font Size

2. Changing text size of web pages in Outlook

3. To Change the font size of browser text

4. Can't change text field size using DAO; can't specify size using ALTER TABLE SQL

5. Size of web page in web browser object

6. Change field size using VBA

7. Change field size in table using VBA?

8. Opening Web Pages in Outlook using VBA-Help Needed

9. Opening Web Pages in Outlook using VBA-Help Needed

10. Can you change Outlook services using VBA?

11. Change option in Outlook 2000 using VBA

12. Using VBA to Change the Outlook Sender Account

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software