report based on a crosstab query
Author Message
 report based on a crosstab query

I have a crosstab query with Column Headers based on the quarters. It works
great unless you try to run the report for the current year before the 4th
quarter. (or 3rd qtr if its before July, etc.) Since there is no field
created in the query, the text box on the report has an invalid Control
Source. I get an error and the report terminates.

Does anyone have a routine that would get me around this? I have been
searching for a couple days without any luck.

Thanks.

Mike Barrett

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 report based on a crosstab query
If you wish to do this without writing any code:

In the query properties there is a propert called Column Headings, type the
names of your column headers in here and they will always
appear in your crosstab query results, even if a particular column returns
no data

    e.g.    Column Headings: "Qtr1","Qtr2","Qtr3","Qtr4"

PS
The names need to exactly match the actual column names your query would
return

Quote:
> I have a crosstab query with Column Headers based on the quarters. It
works
> great unless you try to run the report for the current year before the 4th
> quarter. (or 3rd qtr if its before July, etc.) Since there is no field
> created in the query, the text box on the report has an invalid Control
> Source. I get an error and the report terminates.

> Does anyone have a routine that would get me around this? I have been
> searching for a couple days without any luck.

> Thanks.

> Mike Barrett

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 report based on a crosstab query
Thanks. That was so simple I am embarrassed. :-)

Quote:
> If you wish to do this without writing any code:

> In the query properties there is a propert called Column Headings, type
the
> names of your column headers in here and they will always
> appear in your crosstab query results, even if a particular column returns
> no data

>     e.g.    Column Headings: "Qtr1","Qtr2","Qtr3","Qtr4"

> PS
> The names need to exactly match the actual column names your query would
> return

> > I have a crosstab query with Column Headers based on the quarters. It
> works
> > great unless you try to run the report for the current year before the
4th
> > quarter. (or 3rd qtr if its before July, etc.) Since there is no field
> > created in the query, the text box on the report has an invalid Control
> > Source. I get an error and the report terminates.

> > Does anyone have a routine that would get me around this? I have been
> > searching for a couple days without any luck.

> > Thanks.

> > Mike Barrett

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. report based on a crosstab query

2. Adding a field to a table based on CrossTab Query

3. Formula based on Crosstab report row data - possible?

4. Crosstab Query for Report

5. dynamic report formatting from crosstab queries??

6. Crosstab Query/Conversion/Report Generation...

7. query regarding Crosstab report

8. multiple queries into a crosstab query in VB

9. multiple queries into a crosstab query in VB

10. Report based on two queries

11. Using forms to select a report from multiple base queries