ComboBox looks to another db
Author Message
 ComboBox looks to another db

I would like to have a combobox on form look up to another db for zip
code/location/state info.

I do not want to link the zip code table.  I cant anyway because there is
query that gets the zip/location/state/coutry/county INFO not a table.

I know how to use combo boxes within a database but not retrieving outside
data.

The person would enter the zip first which looks up to a seperate zip
database.
If the info is found then all the corresponding state city info will be
entered.  If not the user can manually enter that info.

Maybe load a combo on form load??

thx

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ComboBox looks to another db
Check the help topic for IN Clause. This would allow your query to get
its data from another mdb. For example:
SELECT CustomerID
FROM Customers
IN OtherDB.mdb
WHERE CustomerID Like "A*";

 -- Andy

Quote:

>I would like to have a combobox on form look up to another db for zip
>code/location/state info.

>I do not want to link the zip code table.  I cant anyway because there is
>query that gets the zip/location/state/coutry/county INFO not a table.

>I know how to use combo boxes within a database but not retrieving outside
>data.

>The person would enter the zip first which looks up to a seperate zip
>database.
>If the info is found then all the corresponding state city info will be
>entered.  If not the user can manually enter that info.

>Maybe load a combo on form load??

>thx

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB .NET Newbie question - Combobox look up table

2. Looking for example of custom control on a combobox

3. Looking for dynamic ComboBox-VBX (goes too long in Form.Load)

4. Read data from DB into combobox?

5. Filling a ComboBox with data from DB

6. Match-entry problems in the DB ComboBox

7. Increase number of rows in (db)combobox

8. I want to fill a ComboBox with tables from an Access DB

9. The fastest way to get records from SQL db to combobox

10. The fastest way to get records from SQL db to combobox

11. The fastest way to get records from SQL db to combobox

12. Looking for a guide to VB db icons