Automating Outlook to send e-mails, error with XP
Author Message
 Automating Outlook to send e-mails, error with XP

I am using a Access database to send automated e-mails, this was fine in
Outlook 2000, I now have XP.

I get the error message
    'A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf.'
    'Do you want to allow this?'

    'It this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".'

I have to do this every time.
How can I turn this off, it's a pain in the arse!

Tue, 18 May 2004 18:16:48 GMT
 Automating Outlook to send e-mails, error with XP
Yep - this annoyed the hell out of me too - in the end I gave up trying to
turn that feature off, and used winsock to send mails direct to the server -
that way you don't have to use MAPI so Outllok never even knows that mail is
being sent...

Quote:
> I am using a Access database to send automated e-mails, this was fine in
> Outlook 2000, I now have XP.

> I get the error message
>     'A program is trying to automatically send e-mail on your behalf.'
>     'Do you want to allow this?'

>     'It this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".'

> I have to do this every time.
> How can I turn this off, it's a pain in the arse!

Tue, 18 May 2004 18:37:21 GMT
 Automating Outlook to send e-mails, error with XP
One of Microsoft's fine new "Features" that came with, I
believe, SR-2 of Outlook 2000...you'll get the same
message when trying to sync a Palm-Pilot for
example...it's Outlook saying "HEY!!!  Someone other than -
ME-! is trying to use my email list!"  <GRIN>.

So far, I haven't found a way around that annoyance,
because I am doing the same thing (sending emails from
Access)...if you do, let me know!

Regards,

David Reed

Quote:

Tue, 18 May 2004 23:22:49 GMT
 Automating Outlook to send e-mails, error with XP
Me too !
Once I got this e mail function to work, I did not think that I would grow
to dislike this "Feature". I have no address/mail list in Outlook. I have
the option setting: check list before sending turned off. In fact I use OE
as default and just installed Outlook 2k for my A2k send e mail function.

I wanna hear about any way to turn this warning off!

Paul

Quote:
> One of Microsoft's fine new "Features" that came with, I
> believe, SR-2 of Outlook 2000...you'll get the same
> message when trying to sync a Palm-Pilot for
> example...it's Outlook saying "HEY!!!  Someone other than -
> ME-! is trying to use my email list!"  <GRIN>.

> So far, I haven't found a way around that annoyance,
> because I am doing the same thing (sending emails from
> Access)...if you do, let me know!

> Regards,

> David Reed

Mon, 24 May 2004 03:20:50 GMT

1. Automating Outlook to send e-mails, error with XP... Yanks Only

2. Access xp sending email via outlook xp

3. Access xp sending email via outlook xp

4. Automating sending mail using email adress from file

5. Sending EMails to Outlook XP

6. Problem Sending Mail with VBA and outlook XP

7. Outlook XP putting up confirm box before letting a program send mail

8. Sending Out Multiple HTML Mails By VBA in Outlook XP

9. Virus Alert while sending mails in the draft box of outlook (XP) using VB

10. sorting sent mail by email account in Outlook 2K

11. Automating Email - but .Send doesn't send immediately

12. VBA - Sending email through a Specific Outlook Email Account