"Invalid Argument" Error Message
Author Message
 "Invalid Argument" Error Message

I am using Access 97. When my database is open in the background and
all of a sudden I get the error message below. I need to close access
down and re-open before access will allow me to view reports, queries
etc. I keep getting the message:

"Invalid Argument"

When I click on 'Help' I get the following info:

"You tried to perform an operation that involves a routine in a DLL,
I am using Access 97. The database is open in the background and all of
a sudden I get the above error message. I need to close access down and
re-open before access will aloow me to view reports, queries etc. and
one of the arguments to the routine is invalid. Check your entry to
make sure you have specified the correct arguments, and then try the
operation again.
This error also occurs when you attempt to use mutually exclusive
constants in an argument to a method, such as specifying both
dbConsistent and dbInconsistent in the options argument to the
OpenRecordset method."

Can anyone cast any light on what is happening?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:26:27 GMT
 "Invalid Argument" Error Message
This really is a problem you will have to debug, I think.

--
MichKa

a new book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:

> I am using Access 97. When my database is open in the background and
> all of a sudden I get the error message below. I need to close access
> down and re-open before access will allow me to view reports, queries
> etc. I keep getting the message:

> "Invalid Argument"

> When I click on 'Help' I get the following info:

> "You tried to perform an operation that involves a routine in a DLL,
> I am using Access 97. The database is open in the background and all of
> a sudden I get the above error message. I need to close access down and
> re-open before access will aloow me to view reports, queries etc. and
> one of the arguments to the routine is invalid. Check your entry to
> make sure you have specified the correct arguments, and then try the
> operation again.
> This error also occurs when you attempt to use mutually exclusive
> constants in an argument to a method, such as specifying both
> dbConsistent and dbInconsistent in the options argument to the
> OpenRecordset method."

> Can anyone cast any light on what is happening?

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:16:41 GMT

1. ERROR 3001 - "Invalid Argument"

2. "Invalid Argument" errors

3. Need help with "Invalid Argument"

4. CompactDatabase gives "3001: Invalid Argument"

5. compile error "invalid procedure call or argument

6. compile error "invalid procedure call or argument

7. Erro Message: "The precision is invalid"

8. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"

9. "Error loading from file" error message

10. "Invalid use of null" error

11. Error msg "Invalid Field Data "

12. Imagelist control gets "Invalid picture" error