textbox character input max/min
Author Message
 textbox character input max/min

Hi,
I need a text box to allow seven characters, only -  no
more and no less - for a person to input their 7 char id.
In the advanced properties for a text box, I see a max char
property, but no minimum.  Is there a quick way of NOT
allowing less than the required 7 characters?  I know I can
and may have to code this, but figured someone in this
group might have a simple/quick way of doing it, without
coding.  I tried using the "len" function, in the
validation area, but didn't seem to work, possibly I was
not using it properly:
ie len("textbox_name")=7
thanks,
andy

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:45:24 GMT
 textbox character input max/min
See if Len([textbox_name]) works.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Hi,
> I need a text box to allow seven characters, only -  no
> more and no less - for a person to input their 7 char id.
> In the advanced properties for a text box, I see a max char
> property, but no minimum.  Is there a quick way of NOT
> allowing less than the required 7 characters?  I know I can
> and may have to code this, but figured someone in this
> group might have a simple/quick way of doing it, without
> coding.  I tried using the "len" function, in the
> validation area, but didn't seem to work, possibly I was
> not using it properly:
> ie len("textbox_name")=7
> thanks,
> andy

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 03:15:12 GMT

1. INPUT in textbox then an agent character says what you've putted in

2. min and max

3. Keeping Access Open - System Modal Min/Max

4. Setting min and max values on chart's y-axis

5. Programming the min and max values of an axis

6. Setting Min and Max Scale for MSGraph8, also marker style and color

7. Keeping Window open and available - SysModal - Min/Max

8. Returning max and min column values

9. max / min value in a listbox

10. Min and Max

11. Min, Max Buttons

12. Finding Max or Min Values - HELP!!!!