Running Access unattended on a Windows NT Server
Author Message
 Running Access unattended on a Windows NT Server

Is anyone familiar with scheduling an Access application to run unattended
under the Windows NT 4.0 Task Scheduler?

I have an Access 97 application that runs an AutoExec macro when it is
opened, performs some tasks and closes Access when finished. It has no user
interaction, but does display the usual Access and DataBase windows when
running. It runs perfectly when run from a PC connected to the network.

I have scheduled this application to run on a server using the Task
Scheduler. It runs perfectly if I am logged into the server as Administrator
at the time the job is scheduled to run. If no one is logged into the
server, the job just hangs.

Is it possible to have the job run as scheduled without anyone logged into
the server? If so, how?

--

John Green - Excel MVP
Sydney

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 06:23:01 GMT

1. HTTP object for running at timed intervals (unattended) on NT

2. SSTab problem when run on Windows NT Server

3. Client side ActiveX control accessing SQL Server with Windows NT Security

4. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

5. Packaging Apps on Windows 2000 to run on Windows NT

6. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

7. How to detect 16-bit Windows-based application running under Windows NT

8. Launching and Monitoring a 16-bit Windows app from VB5 application running on Windows NT 4.0

9. Remote Automation : Windows 3.1 client/ Windows NT Server

10. rds windows nt vs windows 2000 server

11. running Active Server on NT Server 4.0 for Crystal Reports

12. Running Access 97 to run on Windows XP