Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method
Author Message
 Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method

Hi.
Can anyone tell me why the Option in Edit, Links, is not
available for me to choose whether Word will Automatically
Update the links or whether I will Manually Update the
links.  I just installed this brand new Word 2002 on my
computer and expected the feature to be there.  The only
availabe option is whether I want to Lock the links.

Is there a way to get this option to work so I can get
Word to automatically update the link?

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:09:51 GMT
 Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method
Larry,

I've had the same problem, but found some downloads on the Microsoft
download site for some add-in's that partially corrected the problem.
There are a couple of new SR releases for Office 2002 that will
probably correct your situation.  I've got most of my links working
with the exception of those that are located within cells of tables
within the Word document.   Deb

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 06:45:41 GMT

1. updating links in Word 2002

2. Crystal fails to update a link word 6 doc when word 7 is installed

3. Stop link update in linked source file

4. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

5. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

6. Custom Button linked to Macro for Word 2002

7. Speed up the links updating in Word

8. Very Slow DDE Link Into Word 2002

9. Updating Web links in Word

10. Updating OLE Links in Word

11. Using VBComponents seems to prevent Userform from updating on the screen (Word 2002)

12. VB6 Automation of Word 2002 fails after applying SP-2 update