referencing a control's 'parent'
Author Message
 referencing a control's 'parent'

Hello all,
I have a control on a sub-subform (nested sub-form is one to two levels
deep).  When I right click on a control or the sub-subform, I'd like to gain
access to that sub-subform's recordsetclone - all attempts to use the PARENT
property of the control or the sub-subform gets access to the form one level
up -- any suggestions?

PKM

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 referencing a control's 'parent'
What does that right-click do?
When the Parent property returns the above form, it is likely that you are
examining the form instead of the control. I can't see exactly what you did.

--
Regards,
Bas Cost Budde, Holland

Quote:
>Hello all,
>I have a control on a sub-subform (nested sub-form is one to two levels
>deep).  When I right click on a control or the sub-subform, I'd like to
gain
>access to that sub-subform's recordsetclone - all attempts to use the
PARENT
>property of the control or the sub-subform gets access to the form one
level
>up -- any suggestions?

>PKM

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 referencing a control's 'parent'
Bas, thanks for the response,
The intention is that when the use right-clicks on the respective form
(form,subform or sub-subform) and chooses my 'export' feature, I would like
to get to the recordsetclone so that I can export that data to a CSV file
then launch the CSV file.

Thanks,
Patrick

Quote:
> What does that right-click do?
> When the Parent property returns the above form, it is likely that you are
> examining the form instead of the control. I can't see exactly what you
did.

> --
> Regards,
> Bas Cost Budde, Holland
> website: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/hegedu

> >Hello all,
> >I have a control on a sub-subform (nested sub-form is one to two levels
> >deep).  When I right click on a control or the sub-subform, I'd like to
> gain
> >access to that sub-subform's recordsetclone - all attempts to use the
> PARENT
> >property of the control or the sub-subform gets access to the form one
> level
> >up -- any suggestions?

> >PKM

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 referencing a control's 'parent'
Screen.ActiveForm can help you?

--
Regards,
Bas Cost Budde, Holland
website: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/hegedu

Quote:

>Bas, thanks for the response,
>The intention is that when the use right-clicks on the respective form
>(form,subform or sub-subform) and chooses my 'export' feature, I would like
>to get to the recordsetclone so that I can export that data to a CSV file
>then launch the CSV file.

>Thanks,
>Patrick

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 referencing a control's 'parent'
Bas, thanks again for the help, but....

the sub-form is not really a form - its inside a subform control - clicking
on a control in the subform still gives back the mainform's object using
'screen.activeform' - it makes sense since the sub-form control is a control
on the main form.

Any other suggestions.?.

PKM

Quote:
> Screen.ActiveForm can help you?

> --
> Regards,
> Bas Cost Budde, Holland
> website: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/hegedu

> >Bas, thanks for the response,
> >The intention is that when the use right-clicks on the respective form
> >(form,subform or sub-subform) and chooses my 'export' feature, I would
like
> >to get to the recordsetclone so that I can export that data to a CSV file
> >then launch the CSV file.

> >Thanks,
> >Patrick

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 referencing a control's 'parent'
Screen.ActiveControl, then? Let's see, does right click set the focus to the
control?

Challenging, Patrick... Is the recordsource for the subform different enough
from that of the form? For the export, I mean? And would it be clear enough
to the user, who percieves just a form, that the click location inside the
form steers onto two different results?

--
Regards,
Bas Cost Budde, Holland
website: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/hegedu

Quote:

>Bas, thanks again for the help, but....

>the sub-form is not really a form - its inside a subform control - clicking
>on a control in the subform still gives back the mainform's object using
>'screen.activeform' - it makes sense since the sub-form control is a
control
>on the main form.

>Any other suggestions.?.

>PKM

>> Screen.ActiveForm can help you?

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bas Cost Budde, Holland
>> website: http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/hegedu

>> >Bas, thanks for the response,
>> >The intention is that when the use right-clicks on the respective form
>> >(form,subform or sub-subform) and chooses my 'export' feature, I would
>like
>> >to get to the recordsetclone so that I can export that data to a CSV
file
>> >then launch the CSV file.

>> >Thanks,
>> >Patrick

Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Self-referencing a control's name within one of it's event procedures

2. **************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'''''''''''''''''''''''*************

3. Manipulate 'parent' forms

4. MDI parent forms and 'fixed borderstyle'

5. TreeView: Can't change node's parent to Nothing

6. TreeView: Can't change node's parent to Nothing

7. UserControl's Parent's BackColor Change?

8. UserControl's Parent's BackColor Change?

9. Painting a Controls's Parent onto the Control himself

10. Excel'perts:Problem:delet'g #REF range references

11. can't reference .NET assembly's classes in VB

12. Compiled Dll's Exe's and references