Report works 1st time run, then doesn't any more
Author Message
 Report works 1st time run, then doesn't any more

This is weird to me.  I've got a pretty complex report w/ a complicated
underlying query structure (much more complicated than it needs to be, I'm
sure), but this problem seems totally beyond me.

When I first enter my Access app and run this report, all the calculations
and nz functions and what have you work just great.  Then if I run it
again, it has all the problems I had fixed w/ a bunch of code and query
modifications (like nz functions, if then statements, adding criteria to
underlying queries, etc.).  So, things like blank fields come up, some of
the calculations aren't performed correctly, etc.

What could make a report run fine the first time, and then be messed up the
second time?

If anyone needs to see the underlying code or a description of the query
structure, let me know; I can send an empty or reduced copy of the db.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance for your
time and effort.

Thanks,

Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Report works 1st time run, then doesn't any more

Ok,
Give it to me
Sounds like a coding thingy or maybe a Query compilation problem

Quote:

--
Regards
Pieter Wijnen

http://www.thuleeng.com

Tough guys don't take backup - tough guys cry a lot..

Good site to look for Access answers is Dev's site:
 http://home.att.net/~dashish
Also The Paradox Access Website:
 http://www.pcltd.co.uk/access/

  wijnen.vcf
< 1K Download

Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run Time Scripting Doesn't Work as Windows Service

2. Run Time Scripting Doesn't Work as Windows Service

3. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

4. Format time doesn't work

5. System Time - Why Doesn't This Work?

6. FSO.DeleteFile Doesn't work all the time

7. Why doesn't this work every time?

8. If Field IsNull Then Go to Next Field And Run - Doesn't work HELP

9. Why doesn't Application.Run work twice?

10. Application runs with Windows 95/NT, but doesn't work with Windows 98

11. Single Step work, but Run doesn't!

12. WScript.Shell Run Doesn't Work???