How to suppress footer until last page
Author Message
 How to suppress footer until last page

Dear All
After 8 hours of never ending frustration I am posting to the good people of
who frequent this group

My goal is to suppress the page footer until the last page of a multipage
invoice

 I have experimented with this field  formula in the footer:

 IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} "{INCLUDETEXT 'lastpagefooter.doc' \*MERGEFORMAT}"}

 Where lastpagefooter.doc is the other document containing the text &
bitmaps I want in the footer

 I use ctrl + F9 to insert brackets

 My problems are:

 1/ Is this the best approach to achieve my goal.Is there a more reliable
way to do this as it seems shakey

 2/ When I try to retype the formula into a footer it doesn't always work

 3/When I make a change in the Lastpagefooter document it is not updated in
the main document

 4/How do I reference a bookmark in the Lastpagefooter document in VBA

 I cannot seem to link the bookmark manually

 `From my primary document I tried
  Applications.Documents("LastPageFooter").Bookmarks(mybookmark).Range.Text
= mystr

 Without success

 Any suggestions most appreciated

Tony

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:21:36 GMT
 How to suppress footer until last page
Tony,

Looks like you are missing at least one set of field codes.  Rather than use
a separate document for your footer text, you might consider using an
AutoText entry.

Format your footer graphic and text in a blank document.  Select all and
select ALT+F3 then name the auto (e.g., Footer)

Now in the footer, enter { IF {Page} = {NumPages} {Autotext "Footer"}

--
              \\\\///////////

  ----oo00---(_)---00oo----
Greg Maxey
A peer in "peer to peer" support
Ewa Beach, HI

Quote:
> Dear All
> After 8 hours of never ending frustration I am posting to the good people
of
> who frequent this group

> My goal is to suppress the page footer until the last page of a multipage
> invoice

>  I have experimented with this field  formula in the footer:

>  IF {PAGE} = {NUMPAGES} "{INCLUDETEXT 'lastpagefooter.doc'
\*MERGEFORMAT}"}

>  Where lastpagefooter.doc is the other document containing the text &
> bitmaps I want in the footer

>  I use ctrl + F9 to insert brackets

>  My problems are:

>  1/ Is this the best approach to achieve my goal.Is there a more reliable
> way to do this as it seems shakey

>  2/ When I try to retype the formula into a footer it doesn't always work

>  3/When I make a change in the Lastpagefooter document it is not updated
in
> the main document

>  4/How do I reference a bookmark in the Lastpagefooter document in VBA

>  I cannot seem to link the bookmark manually

>  `From my primary document I tried

Applications.Documents("LastPageFooter").Bookmarks(mybookmark).Range.Text

> = mystr

>  Without success

>  Any suggestions most appreciated

> Tony

Sat, 15 Oct 2005 13:13:37 GMT

1. suppress page footer section in the last page

2. Print report page footer last page only?

3. Suppressing Page Headers on Report Footer

4. Conditionally suppressing the Page footer

5. Conditional Suppressing on Last page of report

6. Suppress printing on last page

7. Footer on all pages except the last one

8. Creating footer for last page of document

9. Template Problem - footer that appears at end of last page

10. Template Problem - footer that appears at end of last page

11. Footer on last page of document

12. Header/footer last page