Changing References to other projects programatically? Early Binding?
Author Message
 Changing References to other projects programatically? Early Binding?

Hi,

Anyone know how to change references to another project in a separate
template programatically?

Use: I have a globally loaded template with functions that I want to call,
and have been using a reference to the loaded template. However, if the
template is moved, ie someone changes thir startup location, then the
reference goes MISSING. I need to re-establish the reference by looking up
the start-up path and placing that path and global template name back into
the references section.

This is called early binding, I think.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Christopher

Please remove the nospam text when replying. Ta.

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing References to other projects programatically? Early Binding?
Christopher,

Your may want to check out the DefaultFilePath property. I use the following
function from Access to retrieve the path to a user template:

Function wynWordTemplatePath() As String
   wynWordTemplatePath = Word.Options.DefaultFilePath(wdUserTemplatesPath)
End Function

You can use any one of the following DefaultFilePath constants:
wdAutoRecoverPath
wdBorderArtPath
wdCurrentFolderPath
wdDocumentsPath
wdGraphicsFiltersPath
wdPicturesPath
wdProgramPath
wdProofingToolsPath
wdStartupPath
wdStyleGalleryPath
wdTempFilePath
wdTextConvertersPath
wdToolsPath
wdTutorialPath
wdUserOptionsPath
wdUserTemplatesPath
wdWorkgroupTemplatesPath
---
Alyda

Quote:
> Hi,

> Anyone know how to change references to another project in a separate
> template programatically?

> Use: I have a globally loaded template with functions that I want to call,
> and have been using a reference to the loaded template. However, if the
> template is moved, ie someone changes thir startup location, then the
> reference goes MISSING. I need to re-establish the reference by looking up
> the start-up path and placing that path and global template name back into
> the references section.

> This is called early binding, I think.

> Thanks in advance for any info,

> Christopher

> Please remove the nospam text when replying. Ta.

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB changes a Project Component to a hidden Project Reference

2. early binding vs late binding

3. Activex Server - Early Binding vs. Late Binding

4. Late Binding vs Early Binding in out-of-process servers

5. * Early binding or late binding

6. Early binding and Late binding

7. early binding / late binding

8. Early binding and Late binding in VB.

9. Early Binding and Late Binding

10. Early bind and Late bind in VB.

11. Early binding and Late binding in VB.

12. early binding vs late binding