Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time 
Author Message
 Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time

I have a system which is split into multiple applications.  Each application
can stand on its own or work with all of the others.

Under A2.0 we shipped each part seperatly and then merged the objects into a
common MDB during installation (this cuts down on the size of system if the
user does not purchase all of the applications).

When attempting to use this method with A97, the Application.IsCompiled flag
gets set to False as soon as any object is merged into the common MDB.  I
need to be able to ship this system using the ODE run-time, but the run-time
does not allow a module to be opened (and then Compiled and Saved).

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to overcome this problem?

TIA!

--Tom



Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time
Tom:

I believe that the run time does allow a module to be opened, just not
visibly in the Runtime UI.  So you should be able to recompile the code
using:

Docmd.OpenModule
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompileAndSaveAllModules

Steve Arbaugh
ATTAC Consulting Group
web: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/acgsoft.htm
To reply, remove ~ and nospm from address

Quote:

>I have a system which is split into multiple applications.  Each
application
>can stand on its own or work with all of the others.

>Under A2.0 we shipped each part seperatly and then merged the objects into
a
>common MDB during installation (this cuts down on the size of system if the
>user does not purchase all of the applications).

>When attempting to use this method with A97, the Application.IsCompiled
flag
>gets set to False as soon as any object is merged into the common MDB.  I
>need to be able to ship this system using the ODE run-time, but the
run-time
>does not allow a module to be opened (and then Compiled and Saved).

>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to overcome this problem?

>TIA!

>--Tom



Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time
Steve--

Thanks for responding.  I have been able to compile all modules using the
method you described.  But when I use the /Runtime parameter to simulate a
Run-Time environment, I get the following error message:

Error # 2517 Access can't find the procedure '.'

It's as though Access does not see the module since it is "Hidden".  Got any
ideas?

Thanks!
--Tom


Quote:
>Tom:

>I believe that the run time does allow a module to be opened, just not
>visibly in the Runtime UI.  So you should be able to recompile the code
>using:

>Docmd.OpenModule
>DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompileAndSaveAllModules

>Steve Arbaugh
>ATTAC Consulting Group
>web: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/acgsoft.htm
>To reply, remove ~ and nospm from address


>>I have a system which is split into multiple applications.  Each
>application
>>can stand on its own or work with all of the others.

>>Under A2.0 we shipped each part seperatly and then merged the objects into
>a
>>common MDB during installation (this cuts down on the size of system if
the
>>user does not purchase all of the applications).

>>When attempting to use this method with A97, the Application.IsCompiled
>flag
>>gets set to False as soon as any object is merged into the common MDB.  I
>>need to be able to ship this system using the ODE run-time, but the
>run-time
>>does not allow a module to be opened (and then Compiled and Saved).

>>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to overcome this problem?

>>TIA!

>>--Tom



Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time
Hi Tom,

From what you've seen, I'm tempted to say that this might not be possible in
runtime.  Why can't you make the database a MDE??

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------
The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
---------------

:Steve--
:
:Thanks for responding.  I have been able to compile all modules using the
:method you described.  But when I use the /Runtime parameter to simulate a
:Run-Time environment, I get the following error message:
:
:Error # 2517 Access can't find the procedure '.'
:
:It's as though Access does not see the module since it is "Hidden".  Got
any
:ideas?
:
:Thanks!
:--Tom
:

:>Tom:
:>
:>I believe that the run time does allow a module to be opened, just not
:>visibly in the Runtime UI.  So you should be able to recompile the code
:>using:
:>
:>Docmd.OpenModule
:>DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCompileAndSaveAllModules
:>
:>Steve Arbaugh
:>ATTAC Consulting Group
:>web: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/acgsoft.htm
:>To reply, remove ~ and nospm from address
:>
:>>I have a system which is split into multiple applications.  Each
:>application
:>>can stand on its own or work with all of the others.
:>>
:>>Under A2.0 we shipped each part seperatly and then merged the objects
into
:>a
:>>common MDB during installation (this cuts down on the size of system if
:the
:>>user does not purchase all of the applications).
:>>
:>>When attempting to use this method with A97, the Application.IsCompiled
:>flag
:>>gets set to False as soon as any object is merged into the common MDB.  I
:>>need to be able to ship this system using the ODE run-time, but the
:>run-time
:>>does not allow a module to be opened (and then Compiled and Saved).
:>>
:>>Does anyone have any thoughts on how to overcome this problem?
:>>
:>>TIA!
:>>
:>>--Tom
:>>
:>>
:>
:>
:
:



Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time
Each of the "modules (GL, Payroll, etc) can be purchased seperately.  We
only ship the modules which are purchased and then merge them into a single
MDB.  This also allows us to make modifications (bugs or customization) to
individual objects and update the installed applications MDB.  It's my
understanding that no objects can be exported to an MDE.

Quote:

>Hi Tom,

>From what you've seen, I'm tempted to say that this might not be possible
in
>runtime.  Why can't you make the database a MDE??

>HTH
>--
>Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
>---------------
>The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
>---------------



Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Compiling/Saving Modules with A97 Run-Time
Ugh!  You're right about MDEs.  Don't know what else to suggest.  Sorry.

--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------
The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
---------------

:Each of the "modules (GL, Payroll, etc) can be purchased seperately.  We
:only ship the modules which are purchased and then merge them into a single
:MDB.  This also allows us to make modifications (bugs or customization) to
:individual objects and update the installed applications MDB.  It's my
:understanding that no objects can be exported to an MDE.
:
:>Hi Tom,
:>
:>From what you've seen, I'm tempted to say that this might not be possible
:in
:>runtime.  Why can't you make the database a MDE??
:>
:>HTH
:>--
:>Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
:>---------------
:>The Access Web ( http://home.att.net/~dashish )
:>---------------
:
:
:



Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Help: Compile and save all modules in Access runtime with VBA code

2. Compile and Save All Modules Problem in Access97

3. Compiling & Saving Modules

4. How to compile and save module on startup???

5. Compile and save all modules in Access 97

6. Run time error only when compiled runs

7. Module function won't compile in Access 97 Runtime

8. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time

9. VB5 compiled module vs compiled DLL written in Visual C++ 5

10. Running A97 runtime after deleting A2K

11. Issues with running A2K runtime on machine with A97

12. Compile and save in Access 97 runtime

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software