ActiveX question
Author Message
 ActiveX question

Hi All,
I'm using Acc97, and I love very much to use ListView and TreeView controls
that ships
with VB4. If is possible, I want to do this for example:
when move focus from treeview to Listview, and viceversa,
 I want that background color of selected item in treeview ( or Listview)
is dark gray (like Outlook Express).
I'am able to use code and API's calls.
Thanks in advance
Ernesto

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX question
Well, why not use the docs from VB4 that edxplain how to use the
controls? The code would look exactly the same, you know.

--
MichKa

don't ask by e-mail unless you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

random junk of dubious value and the worldwide TSI Form/Report
to Data Access Page Wizard at http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I'm using Acc97, and I love very much to use ListView and
TreeView controls
> that ships
> with VB4. If is possible, I want to do this for example:
> when move focus from treeview to Listview, and viceversa,
>  I want that background color of selected item in treeview ( or
Listview)
> is dark gray (like Outlook Express).
> I'am able to use code and API's calls.
> Thanks in advance
> Ernesto

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX question
Thanks for your answer Michael

I read and read again VB4 user manuals,
but I can't find the property or method to use....

Ernesto

Quote:
> Well, why not use the docs from VB4 that edxplain how to use the
> controls? The code would look exactly the same, you know.

> --
> MichKa

> don't ask by e-mail unless you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

> random junk of dubious value and the worldwide TSI Form/Report
> to Data Access Page Wizard at http://www.trigeminal.com/

> > Hi All,
> > I'm using Acc97, and I love very much to use ListView and
> TreeView controls
> > that ships
> > with VB4. If is possible, I want to do this for example:
> > when move focus from treeview to Listview, and viceversa,
> >  I want that background color of selected item in treeview ( or
> Listview)
> > is dark gray (like Outlook Express).
> > I'am able to use code and API's calls.
> > Thanks in advance
> > Ernesto

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX question
Now I had to dig it out, but the help file for the control ships
with help for every single method and prop, with examples. Its
hard to believe you were unable to at least get far enough to
realize that there is not such a property that is exposed.
Although there are some (not really related) topics on the Access
Web for using API calls with these controls:

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0047.htm
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0048.htm

and countless examples in VB newsgroups, well over 95% of them
are for the controls for VB5 or VB6 so I think you will have
problems trying to use them with the VB4 controls anyway.

If you are stuck with the VB4 controls, I would recommend AGAINST
trying to get IE5-type OE functionality as there is no guarantee
that you will not crash or worse with the older control.

--
MichKa

don't ask by e-mail unless you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!) :-)

random junk of dubious value and the worldwide TSI Form/Report
to Data Access Page Wizard at http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> Thanks for your answer Michael

> I read and read again VB4 user manuals,
> but I can't find the property or method to use....

> Ernesto

message

> > Well, why not use the docs from VB4 that edxplain how to use
the
> > controls? The code would look exactly the same, you know.

> > --
> > MichKa

> > don't ask by e-mail unless you're paying for it. (TANSTAAFL!)
:-)

> > random junk of dubious value and the worldwide TSI
Form/Report
> > to Data Access Page Wizard at http://www.trigeminal.com/

> > > Hi All,
> > > I'm using Acc97, and I love very much to use ListView and
> > TreeView controls
> > > that ships
> > > with VB4. If is possible, I want to do this for example:
> > > when move focus from treeview to Listview, and viceversa,
> > >  I want that background color of selected item in treeview
( or
> > Listview)
> > > is dark gray (like Outlook Express).
> > > I'am able to use code and API's calls.
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > Ernesto

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Some Very Basic ActiveX Questions from a total ActiveX newbie

2. ACTIVEX Question

3. ActiveX Question

4. Vb5 activex question

5. activex questions

6. ActiveX Question ???

7. Please help with stupid ActiveX question

8. ActiveX question: Implements vs. WithEvents

9. Newbie ActiveX Question

10. Simple ActiveX Question

11. ActiveX question

12. Basic ActiveX Question