DOCPROPERTY in header wont update
Author Message
 DOCPROPERTY in header wont update

My custom DOCPROPERTY fields in my docuement *header* wont update (using VBA
code) along with the DOCPROPERTY fields in my document body.

In fact if I look at the value for
 ActiveDocument.Fields.Count
it doesnt even include the header fields, just the fields in the document
body.
Any ideas?
Celia

Celia James
Scarlit Solutions Ltd.

Internet: www.scarlit.com
Tel/Fax: (029) 2076 5266

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:06:19 GMT
 DOCPROPERTY in header wont update
just found answer in general newsgroup. use:
     For Each astory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges
        astory.Fields.Update
    Next astory

cheers

Quote:
> My custom DOCPROPERTY fields in my docuement *header* wont update (using
VBA
> code) along with the DOCPROPERTY fields in my document body.

> In fact if I look at the value for
>  ActiveDocument.Fields.Count
> it doesnt even include the header fields, just the fields in the document
> body.
> Any ideas?
> Celia

> Celia James
> Scarlit Solutions Ltd.

> Internet: www.scarlit.com
> Tel/Fax: (029) 2076 5266

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 21:12:09 GMT

1. Updating a docproperty in the header(s) of a document

2. insert a docproperty into a header

3. ComboBox wont update another Field on same Form

4. IntelliSense wont update?

5. Dataset wont accept updates

6. Crystal Report wont update

7. VB4 / Excel 7 - Spreadsheet as DB wont update/refresh

8. Accessing Winword DOCPROPERTY

9. Pulling text from DocProperty fields in Word and inserting into textboxes

10. Update a Header Field in a Protected Document

11. VBA Code for Selecting Header and Updating Fields Codes

12. How to update fields in a footer (header) ?