Font Size macro toolbar buttons...
Author Message
 Font Size macro toolbar buttons...

Using Office 2000, I have written the following two macros:  DecreaseFont()
and IncreaseFont() that when applied to a toolbar button in any Office
application, it (should) decrease or increase the selected text's font size
by one accordingly.

Sub DecreaseFont()
  Dim n As Integer
  n = Selection.Font.Size
  n = n - 1
  If n <= 1 Then
    n = 1
  End If
  Selection.Font.Size = n
End Sub

Sub IncreaseFont()
  Dim n As Integer
  n = Selection.Font.Size
  n = n + 1
  Selection.Font.Size = n
End Sub

What I would like is a way to globally save these macro toolbar buttons so
that they may be utilized within all Office 2000 products.  However, from
what I have found, I have to manually create them within each application.
Is it possible to apply the macros to all applications otherwise?

Once the toolbar buttons are created, I have tried to rename the Word
screen tooltip, by right-clicking the button, selecting customize, and then
typing into the name field, but it doesn't change/work with what I want.
It defaults as Decrease Font and Increase Font, when I would like it to say
Decrease Font Size and Increase Font Size accordingly.  How can I do this?
I think I was able to rename it using the same technique using Excel and
Outlook, but if not, what options do I have?

After this is done, I'd like to save the macro/toolbar into the normal.dot
file so that Word is reopened, it is available to any document.

When setting it up in Excel, I wasn't able/didn't find a solution to save
the macro toolbar globally like Word's normal.dot file.  I had to save it
to the current spreadsheet, and it was available to that file only unless
from another spreadsheet I click the toolbar button, and the original file
opens for access to its macro.  How can I save it so that when Excel is
reopened, it is available to any spreadsheet.

Also, when attempting to setup the toolbar in Outlook, after clicking the
button respectively, I received this error message dialog box:  Run-time
error '424': Object required.  What can I do to correct this?

Lastly, in all Office applications, if I had selected text that contained
two different font sixes, I either received an error message or the macro
didn't function correctly?  Any ideas to revise my macro code above?

Thanks for any help with these issues.

Kevin

Mon, 24 May 2004 01:02:58 GMT
 Font Size macro toolbar buttons...
Kevin

perhaps you should read the replies in all the other groups you have posted
to.

Regards

Trevor

Quote:
> Using Office 2000, I have written the following two macros:
DecreaseFont()
> and IncreaseFont() that when applied to a toolbar button in any Office
> application, it (should) decrease or increase the selected text's font
size
> by one accordingly.

> Sub DecreaseFont()
>   Dim n As Integer
>   n = Selection.Font.Size
>   n = n - 1
>   If n <= 1 Then
>     n = 1
>   End If
>   Selection.Font.Size = n
> End Sub

> Sub IncreaseFont()
>   Dim n As Integer
>   n = Selection.Font.Size
>   n = n + 1
>   Selection.Font.Size = n
> End Sub

> What I would like is a way to globally save these macro toolbar buttons so
> that they may be utilized within all Office 2000 products.  However, from
> what I have found, I have to manually create them within each application.
> Is it possible to apply the macros to all applications otherwise?

> Once the toolbar buttons are created, I have tried to rename the Word
> screen tooltip, by right-clicking the button, selecting customize, and
then
> typing into the name field, but it doesn't change/work with what I want.
> It defaults as Decrease Font and Increase Font, when I would like it to
say
> Decrease Font Size and Increase Font Size accordingly.  How can I do this?
> I think I was able to rename it using the same technique using Excel and
> Outlook, but if not, what options do I have?

> After this is done, I'd like to save the macro/toolbar into the normal.dot
> file so that Word is reopened, it is available to any document.

> When setting it up in Excel, I wasn't able/didn't find a solution to save
> the macro toolbar globally like Word's normal.dot file.  I had to save it
> to the current spreadsheet, and it was available to that file only unless
> from another spreadsheet I click the toolbar button, and the original file
> opens for access to its macro.  How can I save it so that when Excel is
> reopened, it is available to any spreadsheet.

> Also, when attempting to setup the toolbar in Outlook, after clicking the
> button respectively, I received this error message dialog box:  Run-time
> error '424': Object required.  What can I do to correct this?

> Lastly, in all Office applications, if I had selected text that contained
> two different font sixes, I either received an error message or the macro
> didn't function correctly?  Any ideas to revise my macro code above?

> Thanks for any help with these issues.

> Kevin

Tue, 25 May 2004 04:59:12 GMT

1. Font Size macro toolbar buttons...

2. Windows Display Font Sizes Vs. Application Font Sizes

3. Printing a Bitmap with a specific font size On print Font size incorrect

4. Change size, font, and font size of input boxes

5. Changing Font Size in a Toolbar

6. controlling font size on toolbars

7. Toolbar font size

8. Change toolbar font size?

9. Word macro containing a change of font size

10. controling font size in footer macro

11. Macro to change text, also changes font size.

12. Font Color Toolbar Button