Add Signature only for Certain Addresses (Outlook 98)
Author Message
 Add Signature only for Certain Addresses (Outlook 98)

I have a signature with a standard "this is confidential, blah blah
blah" that I only want added when sent to certain people, say lawyers.

Can I set this up without doing any programming?

If I need to do programming, what would be the best way?  Everything I
have come across says that in '98 you can't write code directly in
Outlook, and it doesn't make sense to use another application.

I was thinking perhaps using vb6, and then create an icon to add to a
toolbar to execute the code.  Is this the best way?

fyi, I've done a lot of vb/vba programming in vb6, access, and excel,
but this is the first time for outlook.

thanks.

- Bruce

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:00:28 GMT
 Add Signature only for Certain Addresses (Outlook 98)
Outlook 98 does not support macros. Even customizing the toolbar requires an
Exchange client extension written in C++ or Delphi.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Re-write this and put it on a toolbar button, it should
> work. It is a date/time stamp but could be modified to be
> a "text of your choice" stamp.
> I've included the instructions I wrote for the staff in my
> office.

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 01:34:49 GMT
 Add Signature only for Certain Addresses (Outlook 98)

Thanks Mike & Sue!

Mike, how do I save to the toolbar?

I'm able to create a new toolbar and add existing icons, but how do I do
it as you suggest?

Thanks.

- Bruce

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 02:17:08 GMT

1. Digital Signature in MS Outlook 98 forms

2. Outlook 98 address list contents into a recordset

3. Accessing Outlook 98 Address Book programmatically

4. Adding menu items to custom forms using Outlook 98

5. Add Icon to Outlook 98 Toolbar

6. Adding custom form to toolbar / menu in Outlook 98

7. Adding reference to Outlook 98 COM fails

8. Outlook '98 Extension (or Add-in) DLL

9. VBScript in Outlook 98 to Add Personal Distribution Lists

10. How do I add an animated gif in Outlook 97 signature field

11. References dropping out between Outlook 2000 and Outlook 98

12. Outlook 98 - Outlook Bar