URGENT : get reminder event with outlook closed??
Author Message
 URGENT : get reminder event with outlook closed??

1)  I am trying to show outlook reminders in my custom
form (using VB6 and outlook 2k). The reminder event does
the job but works only when outlook session is open. How
can check for reminders when outlook session is closed???

2) How can I show the "select profile" window before
launching outlook???

Can somebody help me??

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:58:35 GMT
 URGENT : get reminder event with outlook closed??
You cannot get at the properties of Outlook items without using an
Outlook or MAPI session.

To show the select profile window you'd have to use CDO code and set
the Session.Login argument ShowDialog to True.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:

> 1)  I am trying to show outlook reminders in my custom
> form (using VB6 and outlook 2k). The reminder event does
> the job but works only when outlook session is open. How
> can check for reminders when outlook session is closed???

> 2) How can I show the "select profile" window before
> launching outlook???

> Can somebody help me??

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:32:14 GMT
 URGENT : get reminder event with outlook closed??

Thankx for the reply ken. I am using outlook 9.0 object
library in my VB project. I am not able to snooze the
appointment programatically. All the sample codes on net
are given for outlook 10.0 library. Isn't is possible with
9.0??

 Can I get a sample peoject sort of thing for launching
the show dialog screen and in general reminder handling
thru VB??

Quote:

Press
>Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox
Press
>Attachment Options
>http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
>Extended Reminders
>http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

message

>> 1)  I am trying to show outlook reminders in my custom
>> form (using VB6 and outlook 2k). The reminder event does
>> the job but works only when outlook session is open. How
>> can check for reminders when outlook session is
closed???

>> 2) How can I show the "select profile" window before
>> launching outlook???

>> Can somebody help me??

>.

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:55:31 GMT
 URGENT : get reminder event with outlook closed??

Managed to get all except programatically snoozing an
appointment using 9.0. Any suggestion?? There is a snooze
method exposed in object library 10 but how to acheive it
using 9.0???

Quote:

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:18:41 GMT
 URGENT : get reminder event with outlook closed??
You would have to snooze the reminder by getting the reminder time and
adding however much time you wanted to snooze the reminder. There's no
real easy way for Outlook 2000 like there is for Outlook 2002.

The reminder time could only be gotten from the items in the hidden
Reminders folder and then you have to use the undocumented property
tags for reminder items. Only some item types have documented reminder
time properties, the other item types aren't documented at all.

All of this would have to be done using CDO or Extended MAPI code,
there's no way to get to the Reminders folder using the Outlook object
model. You can start your research by looking at the undocumented
property tags listed at http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm. There are
code snippets at http://www.cdolive.com/cdo5.htm that show some
things. Others are completely undocumented and you have to do research
using OutlookSpy (www.dimastr.com) or MDBView.

Recurring reminders are a particular problem since the recurrence
properties are kept in an undocumented binary property that packs all
the recurrence properties, the exceptions and deleted items in the
series are kept as undocumented attachments.

Have fun :)

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm

Quote:

> Managed to get all except programatically snoozing an
> appointment using 9.0. Any suggestion?? There is a snooze
> method exposed in object library 10 but how to acheive it
> using 9.0???

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:06:37 GMT

1. Getting reminder from contact item and writing the reminder date into userfield1

2. Reminder Event and MeetingItems - Can't seem to trap Meeting Reminders

3. Reminder Event and MeetingItems - Can't seem to trap Meeting Reminders

4. URGENT: Document close event

5. URGENT: Document close event

6. Can you trigger an event when Prioir to outlook closing

7. Closing Outlook causes Add InOnDisconnection event ...

8. Event when outlook gets the focus

9. Outlook Reminder Label property??

10. How to read Outlook Calandar Reminder

11. Outlook XP/2002 Reminders email

12. Please Help!! Outlook's Reminders