VBA crashes Word on multi-column listbox
Author Message
 VBA crashes Word on multi-column listbox

I have a large VBA application running under Microsoft
Word 97 (Windows 2000). When I use multiple column lists
(either simple combobox or multi-select listbox), I will
randomly get a Word has performed an illegal operation and
will be shutdown message. The error usually occurs when
I'm scrolling through the list. In the case of the multi-
select list, when I remove an item from the list, the
entire list box will go black. Word will crash if I click
on anything other than the close button to dismiss the
form. Upon inspecting the Dr Watson log, the error is
always an "access violation" but in different modules:
FSetSelectedLbx, MsoPvAllocCore, _MsoPVFree,
ProcCallEngine, and EbReset. Unfortunately, the problem is
so sporadic that the crashing is difficult to reproduce.
Has anyone else experienced this behavior? Our company is
upgrading to Office XP soon and I was wondering if this
might help.

Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:49:18 GMT

1. Word97 VBA with multi column Listbox

2. View One column of Multi Column Listbox

3. Checkbox in multi-column listbox or grid column?

4. Multi-column listbox w/3 columns of checkboxes

5. Help Needded How I Create Listbox That Look Like Multi Column Listbox

6. Help Needed How I Create Listbox That Look Like Multi Column Listbox

7. Help Needed How I Create Listbox That Look Like Multi Column Listbox

8. Multi-column listbox w/3 columns of checkboxes

9. Exporting multi-column details to word, rtf or xls comes out single-column

10. Multi-column Listbox

11. Filling multi-column Listbox with Callback function

12. Multi-column ListBox Help Please?