Read file Date/Time last modified
Author Message
 Read file Date/Time last modified

From within Access97 (in a VBA module) I need to read the date/time last
modified of another .MDB file.

I can't find a function to do this... even over at Devs site <g>!...

I will pass the file path and name and I need to get back the date/time last
modified of the file.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide.

I'm stumped!

*************************************
Please reply via EMail and the newsgroup

Paris - FRANCE            WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Read file Date/Time last modified
Use the FileDateTime function

This example uses the FileDateTime function to determine the date and time
a file was created or last modified. The format of the date and time
displayed is based on the locale settings of your system.

Dim MyStamp
' Assume TESTFILE was last modified on February 12, 1993 at 4:35:47 PM.
' Assume English/U.S. locale settings.

MyStamp = FileDateTime("TESTFILE")    ' Returns "2/12/93 4:35:47 PM".

Hope This Helps
SMDavis

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Read file Date/Time last modified
Weyerhaeuser a crit dans le message

Quote:
>Use the FileDateTime function

Thank you.  I don't know why I couldn't find that in the help system...

I will give it a try tomorrow.

Thank you especially for the helpful detailed example.

-----
Please reply via EMail *AND* Newsgroup if possible.

Paris, FRANCE                      Web: http://www.erb.com

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Reading last modified date time

2. Modifying the Last Modified Date and Time

3. Change the Last Modify and Last Access date

4. Word: Filter files on date last modified

5. Check the last modified date on any file

6. Determine file last modified date.

7. Need to display last modified date for files in web page

8. script to update a file's last modified date

9. File's last modified date?

10. File Last Modified Date

11. How to get the last modified date of a file

12. Getting Last time file was modified...