Using Access 97 and Access 2000 on same machine
Author Message
 Using Access 97 and Access 2000 on same machine

I have loaded Access 2000 with the Office 2000 beta, and noted that
Access 97 was trashed. I need to operate on some 97 databases, and
wonder if it is possible to load Access 97 in addition to 2000. I know
it was possible for earlier versions to co-exist, but I had problems
trying to reload Access 97.

Robert

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Access 97 and Access 2000 on same machine
Robert,

They can coexists happily on one PC, in fact I have Access 2.0, Access 97
and Access2000(beta) installed on my home PC and they all work quite OK. As
for your case if you damaged (replaced by new version) your Acc97
installation during installation of Acc2000 then I think you need first
deinstall Acc2000(Off2000), reinstall Acc97 (Off97) and then reinstall
Off2000.

HTH,
Shamil

--
Shamil Salakhetdinov
DARTS Ltd., St.Petersburg, Russia

Quote:
>I have loaded Access 2000 with the Office 2000 beta, and noted that
>Access 97 was trashed. I need to operate on some 97 databases, and
>wonder if it is possible to load Access 97 in addition to 2000. I know
>it was possible for earlier versions to co-exist, but I had problems
>trying to reload Access 97.

>Robert

>       The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
>       This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
>       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the
statements
>       made in this Usenet posting resides solely and completely with the
>       sender.

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

2. Using Runtime Access 2000 And Full Ver Access 97 Same CPU Same Time

3. distributing an app written in access 2000 runtime but client still uses access 97

4. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

5. App in VB5 using Access97 incompatible with machine using Access 2000

6. App in VB5 using Access97 incompatible with machine using Access 2000

7. Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97

8. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

9. Transfer of Coding from Access 97 to Access 2000

10. DLL usage - works in Access 97 but not in Access 2000

11. Access 97 VBA modifications not visible in Access 2000

12. Program from access 97 won't work in access 2000