Doing Single Record Word Merge Using Access Data
Author Message
 Doing Single Record Word Merge Using Access Data

I want to use a single record to merge into a specific Word document.

I have created code, in both Access and Word, to get the Access record
number which is assigned "vRecordID" & the shell document to be merged
("vDocument"), which is located in the folder, "C:\WordForms".  The data
is located in the Access database, "C:\Access Data\clients.mdb", using
the query, "ClientsQuery".

I want to be able to run the single record merge from either Word or
Access.

I have found code to run an all-record merge, but none that allows me to
run a single record merge.

How is that done?

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:05:15 GMT
 Doing Single Record Word Merge Using Access Data
By the way, I am using Access 2000 & Word 2000. . . .
Quote:

> I want to use a single record to merge into a specific Word document.

> I have created code, in both Access and Word, to get the Access record
> number which is assigned "vRecordID" & the shell document to be merged
> ("vDocument"), which is located in the folder, "C:\WordForms".  The data
> is located in the Access database, "C:\Access Data\clients.mdb", using
> the query, "ClientsQuery".

> I want to be able to run the single record merge from either Word or
> Access.

> I have found code to run an all-record merge, but none that allows me to
> run a single record merge.

> How is that done?

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:17:48 GMT
 Doing Single Record Word Merge Using Access Data
Hi Howard,

Quote:
> I have found code to run an all-record merge, but none that allows me to
> run a single record merge.

With Word mail merge is an all-or-nothing proposition. ALL the records in
a (filtered) recordset will be merged.

The Access query to which your merge document is linked needs to include
only this one record. OR in Word you need to set the QueryString so that
only this one record is recognized in the data source.

Quote:
> I have created code, in both Access and Word, to get the Access record
> number which is assigned "vRecordID" & the shell document to be merged
> ("vDocument"), which is located in the folder, "C:\WordForms".  The data
> is located in the Access database, "C:\Access Data\clients.mdb", using
> the query, "ClientsQuery".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.mvps.org/word
http://go.compuserve.com/MSOfficeForum

Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:42:25 GMT

1. Acc97 - Merging Multiple Records into a Single Record

2. Access Record Set To Word Mail Merge

3. Merging data from vb form into Word 2000 merge

4. help merging data file with word doc using vbscript

5. automate merging data between word and access 2000

6. merging data from a secured Access database into a Word document

7. Exporting Access Data to a Word Mail-Merge Template

8. merge data from access into word

9. Merging Access Data to Word or WordPerfect

10. (Access/Word Merge) Automating Saving of Merge Results

11. (Access/Word Merge) Automating Closing of Main Doc Containing Merge Codes

12. Using Access to perform a mail merge in word