phone dialer modification
Author Message
 phone dialer modification

after the wizard installs the phone dialer, it's still to many key
strokes before dialing the number. anybody know how to modify the
application.run "utility.wlib_AutoDial"?  Looking for a MS Access
developer in the Los Angeles, CA area.

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 phone dialer modification
Hi Richard,

Not quite sure how many key strokes you're looking to get rid of, but this
article might be of help.

INF: Using TAPI to Dial a Phone Under Win95/NT 4.0 (7.0/97)
Article ID: Q141625

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

:after the wizard installs the phone dialer, it's still to many key
:strokes before dialing the number. anybody know how to modify the
:application.run "utility.wlib_AutoDial"?  Looking for a MS Access
:developer in the Los Angeles, CA area.
:

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 phone dialer modification
I had similar issues with the Access 2.0 dialer; No menu shortcut and
the number highlighting doesn't work right.

I put a separate control behind the phone number which displays the
phone number unformatted.  Since I'm just dialing local, and some
numbers have area codes I also took only the right seven characters of
the #.  Then I created an AutoKeys macro for Ctrl-D which sets focus on
my "phonedial" field.  Doing so brings the field to the top.  From
there, I can click on the Dialer button.  It's not deluxe, but it does
save some mousing around.

If anyone knows a DoCmd to click that button, I'd sure like to know!

Quote:

> after the wizard installs the phone dialer, it's still to many key
> strokes before dialing the number. anybody know how to modify the
> application.run "utility.wlib_AutoDial"?  Looking for a MS Access
> developer in the Los Angeles, CA area.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 phone dialer modification
I'm only a novice but this is how I handle the problem
I used autokey to set my F12 key to run this code which is the same code
that the autodialer uses except I replaced "Set PrevCtl =
Screen.PreviousControl" with "Set PrevCtl = Forms![YOURFORM]![YOURFIELD]"
This way it will always select your phone field.  The end result is one key
dialing.  I hope this helps.

Private Sub dial()
    Dim x As Integer
    Dim stDialStr As String
    Dim PrevCtl As Control
    Const ERR_OBJNOTEXIST = 2467

    Set PrevCtl = Forms![ROLO FORM]![Phone]

    If TypeOf PrevCtl Is TextBox Then
      stDialStr = IIf(VarType(PrevCtl) > V_NULL, PrevCtl, "")
    ElseIf TypeOf PrevCtl Is ListBox Then
      stDialStr = IIf(VarType(PrevCtl) > V_NULL, PrevCtl, "")
    ElseIf TypeOf PrevCtl Is ComboBox Then
      stDialStr = IIf(VarType(PrevCtl) > V_NULL, PrevCtl, "")
    Else
      stDialStr = ""
    End If

    x = wlib_AutoDial(stDialStr)

End Sub

Quote:

>after the wizard installs the phone dialer, it's still to many key
>strokes before dialing the number. anybody know how to modify the
>application.run "utility.wlib_AutoDial"?  Looking for a MS Access
>developer in the Los Angeles, CA area.

Thu, 18 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. passing phone # into phone dialer

2. using phone dialer with Access 2000

3. Phone Dialer

4. Access Phone Dialer in VB?

5. Qbasic phone dialer

6. Phone Dialer

7. phone dialer

8. Phone Dialer ?

9. Echo from modem when using phone dialer.

10. phone dialer

11. How to start phone dialer

12. Phone Dialer