! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program
Author Message
 ! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program

If the builtin Access security is too weak for you needs, then your only
hope is to upgrade to a more secure database (SQL Server, Oracle, et al) and
use the security features there. I suspect, however, that you may not have
set up Access security correctly; properly implemented, Access security is
tough for a casual end user to break.

Quote:

> I am programming a VB code to load Ms access database, search and print

function. and distribute to customers.
Quote:

> the Access data is company information.
> CoName  Add1  Add2  Tel Fax

> I am trying to protect Access database, in case some customer may open the

database and copy the data.
Quote:

> but Access had many limitation, Access database security code or Access

workgroup security can be easily broken.
Quote:

> I try to encrypt the database fields, but it reduce the searching speed. I

try to seperate the CoName and Add1 Add2, and use id1, id2 in 2 tables to
link together, but it doesn't seem to be useful, user can easily do a
sorting and match the fields.
Quote:

> is there any way that you all professionals think more secure way to

protect Access database. please let me know.
Quote:

> thanks

Sat, 21 May 2005 20:02:43 GMT
 ! How to protect Ms Access database use VB program

Quote:
> Access workgroup security can be easily broken.

As Scott says, "easily" here is a bit of an overstatement. I've read a
claim on this group once that it can be done, but it's not generally a
likely end user attack.

But incorrectly set-up workgroup security is, of course, a different thing
altogether...

Tim F

Sun, 22 May 2005 03:43:03 GMT

1. Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database

2. Connect VB data control to a password protected MS Access database

3. Regarding Accessing External database using MS-Access and MS-Visual Basic

4. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

5. Problem using Access 97 Password protected Database in VB

6. accessing MS access database using VB&CGI

7. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

8. How create one VB Program if database using Access2000 or MS SQLServer

9. MS Access protected database

10. Printing MS Access Report from password protected database

11. Recording Messages from Batch Programs in MS Access using VB Script

12. VB 4.0 (32-bit) accessing password protected Access 7.0 database