Outlook check names
Author Message
 Outlook check names

I am creating a mail message with VBA and loading the
addresses from an Access database.  I am using the
following code, where the string strEmail is in the format

outlook message opens it starts checking the names and
this takes a long time and often causes the message to
stop responding.  Is there any way to turn off the name
checking and just send the message?

Here is the code:

Public Sub Email(strEmail As String)

Dim objMessage As Outlook.MailItem
Dim objOutlook As New Outlook.Application

'create the message
Set objMessage = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With objMessage
    .BCC = strEmail
    .Display
End With

End Sub

Thank you so much for the help.

Ben

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:01:37 GMT
 Outlook check names
A quick look at the BeforeCheckNames event in the help file suggests that
you trap the BeforeCheckNames event as so:

Function Item_BeforeCheckNames()
    Item_BeforeCheckNames = False
End Function
Good luck!
CS

Quote:
> I am creating a mail message with VBA and loading the
> addresses from an Access database.  I am using the
> following code, where the string strEmail is in the format

> outlook message opens it starts checking the names and
> this takes a long time and often causes the message to
> stop responding.  Is there any way to turn off the name
> checking and just send the message?

> Here is the code:

> Public Sub Email(strEmail As String)

> Dim objMessage As Outlook.MailItem
> Dim objOutlook As New Outlook.Application

> 'create the message
> Set objMessage = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

> With objMessage
>     .BCC = strEmail
>     .Display
> End With

> End Sub

> Thank you so much for the help.

> Ben

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 02:52:25 GMT

1. Outlook 2000 Macro to check attachment name

2. check for presence of field (name) in a recordset

3. Check for a file by name in a directory

4. Check if table names are the same

5. Checking registration name

6. Check names dialog and Rules Wizard from OOL???

7. dir function to check if file name already exists

8. Check for addresses names not in the Gal..

9. Check for user in name list

10. Checking Shape's Master Name

11. Check for Database Name

12. VB6/Access - check for previously entered names