Mapi problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..
Author Message
 Mapi problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..

Hi out there, I hope someone can help with this..

One of our machines basically acts as a webserver and  one of its dutys is
to send out emails using different profiles so the mails come from different
accounts, this worked perfectly fine when we used exchange server but we are
migrating to POP3/SMTP servers and so I've reconfigured outlook (still in
corporate mode) to use different mail profiles using the new servers.

The problem I have now is outlook does not actually seem to send mails (when
its acting as the mapi server, not exchange) unless outlook is actually
running and for it to be running it logs into the default profiles.
My programs which actually do the sending of mail , do do a mapi logoff and
logon again using whatever profile it needs at the time but still the mail
always gets sent using whatever profile Outlook is configured to use by
default. !?

I thought about using Eudora pro as this also acts as a mapi server yet
doesnt support multiple profiles.

I hope this is clear and someone can possible share any past
experiences/solutions,

Thanks,

Dave Brown.

Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:25:11 GMT

1. Mapi Problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..

2. Adding a second Exchange mailbox to a MAPI profile in VB code

3. MAPI & multiple mailboxes

4. Send Mail using CDO or MAPI without using a profile

5. Logon using default profiles for MAPI

6. getting default mail profile using MAPI control

7. Can a MAPI profile be created using VB?

8. Logon using default profiles for MAPI

9. VB4 MAPI Using Default Mail Profile

10. Can a MAPI profile be created using VB?

11. Can a MAPI profile be created using VB?

12. VB4 MAPI Using Default Mail Profile