To distinguish between floating shapes anchored at same paragraph by bookmarks
Author Message
 To distinguish between floating shapes anchored at same paragraph by bookmarks

Hello:
I have been struggling some time with this challenge: To distinguish
between floating shapes anchored at same paragraph, using bookmarks.

To illustrate the problem:
1. Insert 3 floating shapes all ancored at the same paragraph.
2. Select each of them, assigning each of them a bookmark name.
3. Then select one of them again and load the 'Insert | Boookmarks' menu
dialog. Here you will see that the bookmark assigned to the selected
shape is highlighted.

How did MS Word know which bookmark to highlight.
When I programmatically selects the bookmark, none of the shapes is
selected. When I assume the first shape in range
'[bookmarkrang].shaperange(1).select' and select this, I still do not
know if this is the shape I want. Perhaps it should be the second shape
in the same range. I have tried the '.InRange' function in varioues
ways, but still have not found a working solution.

How do I solve this?

Geir Olav Heiene

Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:45:56 GMT
 To distinguish between floating shapes anchored at same paragraph by bookmarks
Hej Geir

Could you tell us some more what you are going to do with the selected
graphics. When doing similar things I assign a name to the shape (not a
bookmark). When referring to the shape you use its name.

MsgBox ActiveDocument.Shapes.Count
ActiveDocument.Shapes(3).Select
ActiveDocument.Shapes(3).Name = "NorwegianTemplate"
ActiveDocument.Shapes("NorwegianTemplate").Visible = False

--
/Anna Bohman
Bra Utbildning AB, Sweden

http://www.buab.se

> Hello:
> I have been struggling some time with this challenge: To distinguish
> between floating shapes anchored at same paragraph, using bookmarks.

> To illustrate the problem:
> 1. Insert 3 floating shapes all ancored at the same paragraph.
> 2. Select each of them, assigning each of them a bookmark name.
> 3. Then select one of them again and load the 'Insert | Boookmarks' menu
> dialog. Here you will see that the bookmark assigned to the selected
> shape is highlighted.

> How did MS Word know which bookmark to highlight.
> When I programmatically selects the bookmark, none of the shapes is
> selected. When I assume the first shape in range
> '[bookmarkrang].shaperange(1).select' and select this, I still do not
> know if this is the shape I want. Perhaps it should be the second shape
> in the same range. I have tried the '.InRange' function in varioues
> ways, but still have not found a working solution.

> How do I solve this?

> Geir Olav Heiene

Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:57:00 GMT

1. Convert Inline to Shape and Anchor Shape

2. Anchor for shapes

3. Changing the anchor point of a shape in code

4. Locating Anchor of a Shape

5. Moving back one paragraph from bookmark

6. reading paragraph formatting from predefined bookmarks

7. paragraphs and bookmarks

8. Multiple paragraph formats in a shape

9. FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - SOS - SOS - SOS

10. FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - SOS - SOS - SOS

11. FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - SOS - SOS - SOS

12. FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - FLOATING HELP - SOS - SOS - SOS