Print field will not print to printer
Author Message
 Print field will not print to printer

Greetings,

I am trying to send control codes to my printer in a Word
document. Placing the Print field code in the header as it
instructs, I get an error that says "It will not be
possible to send PRINT field data to the printer with the
currently installed printer driver..."

Just exactly what printer driver needs to be installed? I
send control codes in VB and other languages, but Word97
(SR-2) wants a different driver. I'm using a LJ-4050
printer and a PCL6e driver.

Here is an example of a code that causes this error.

{ PRINT 27"&l1O" }

A simple landscape control code.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:23:56 GMT
 Print field will not print to printer

Quote:

Correction.  I am using the PCL6 printer driver.

Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:38:23 GMT
 Print field will not print to printer

Quote:

>Correction.  I am using the PCL6 printer driver.

I'm making a lot of progress. Switched to the PCL5e driver
and I am at least getting some results, although not what
I want.

The Print field codes do not seem to have any effect at
all when placed in the header. They work to some extent in
the body of the document. But, since I am using drawing
objects the print codes must go in the header...

Anyone know how to make them work in the header? Any other
newsgroup suggested for these questions?

Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:45:10 GMT

1. Crystal Reports Printing to the not-default printer sq Landscape printing

2. Printer.Print not printing text using selected font

3. problems printing on a zebra printer with printer.print

4. Printing to a printer that is NOT the default printer

5. Problem printing to printer wich is not the default printer

6. printing and graphics help needed- willing to pay

7. printing escape sequences for direct printer control to print micr on checks

8. PRINTER.PRINT CENTER? OR LABEL PRINT

9. Printing with printer.print - VB 6

10. Printing a report when no printer or print drivers are installed on the server

11. Format Print using Printer.Print?

12. PRINTER.PRINT CENTER? OR LABEL PRINT