Error 424: Object required
Author Message
 Error 424: Object required

Hallo,

I want to call a makro from another project. If I use the syntax:

Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.makro1"
everything works fine. However, I can't use a parameter with this
syntax  which I would like to do.

The following syntax which should be equvalent fails with the error code
"424 Object required"

 MDM.MAutonew.makro1

Any idea ??

Best regards
--
Jrgen Ruf
---------------------

WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
Phone : +49 6151 819312
Fax   : +49 6151 819341

  jruf.vcf
< 1K Download

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 424: Object required
Hi Jurgen,

Make sure you are referencing your MDM project in the one you are calling
from. Go to the Tools | References menu and make sure the MDM project is
checked.

Hope this helps and have a great day!

--
 ===================================
| Steve Lang
| slang~at~lcb~dot~state~dot~nv~dot~us
| Legislative Counsel Bureau
| State of Nevada
| 401 S. Carson Street
| Carson City NV, USA
| 1.775.684.6830
| GMT-8
 ===================================

Quote:

> Hallo,

> I want to call a makro from another project. If I use the syntax:

> Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.makro1"
> everything works fine. However, I can't use a parameter with this
> syntax  which I would like to do.

> The following syntax which should be equvalent fails with the error code
> "424 Object required"

>  MDM.MAutonew.makro1

> Any idea ??

> Best regards
> --
> Jrgen Ruf
> ---------------------
> media transfer GmbH
> Kleyerstrasse 8
> 64295 Darmstadt

> WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
> Phone : +49 6151 819312
> Fax   : +49 6151 819341

Fri, 11 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 424: Object required

Hi Steve,

Steve schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi Jurgen,

> Make sure you are referencing your MDM project in the one you are calling
> from. Go to the Tools | References menu and make sure the MDM project is
> checked.

I want to dynamically load  the makro where the project MDM is located.
Therefore I don't want to reference the MDM project as the link is removed
afterwards.
The problem is that the command works on some PCs and on others not. However,
I can't find the difference. I include the complete set of commands:

Sub autonew()
  AddIns.Add FileName:="c:\eigene dateien\d_mdm.dot"

'This works always :
'Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch"

'This causes troube on some machines
  MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch

  AddIns("c:\eigene dateien\d_mdm.dot").Delete
'....other commands

End Sub

Quote:

> Hope this helps and have a great day!

> --
>  ===================================
> | Steve Lang
> | slang~at~lcb~dot~state~dot~nv~dot~us
> | Legislative Counsel Bureau
> | State of Nevada
> | 401 S. Carson Street
> | Carson City NV, USA
> | 1.775.684.6830
> | GMT-8
>  ===================================

> > Hallo,

> > I want to call a makro from another project. If I use the syntax:

> > Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.makro1"
> > everything works fine. However, I can't use a parameter with this
> > syntax  which I would like to do.

> > The following syntax which should be equvalent fails with the error code
> > "424 Object required"

> >  MDM.MAutonew.makro1

> > Any idea ??

> > Best regards
> > --
> > Jrgen Ruf
> > ---------------------
> > media transfer GmbH
> > Kleyerstrasse 8
> > 64295 Darmstadt

> > WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
> > Phone : +49 6151 819312
> > Fax   : +49 6151 819341

Thanks in advance

Jrgen Ruf
---------------------
media transfer GmbH
Kleyerstrasse 8
64295 Darmstadt

WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
Phone : +49 6151 819312
Fax   : +49 6151 819341

ACHTUNG:  Ab 1.5.2000 neue Adresse:
Dolivostr. 11
64293 Darmstadt

  jruf.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 424: Object required
Hi Jrgen,

Which version of Word are you using? If you are using Word 97, then
parameters can't be used with Application.Run. If you are using Word 2K,
then they can.

To workaround the parameters limitation, you could put some information into
an INI file or the registry, and have the AutoNewGlobalDeutsch macro pick it
up from there.

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
by email

Quote:

>Hi Steve,

>Steve schrieb:

>> Hi Jurgen,

>> Make sure you are referencing your MDM project in the one you are calling
>> from. Go to the Tools | References menu and make sure the MDM project is
>> checked.

>I want to dynamically load  the makro where the project MDM is located.
>Therefore I don't want to reference the MDM project as the link is removed
>afterwards.
>The problem is that the command works on some PCs and on others not.
However,
>I can't find the difference. I include the complete set of commands:

>Sub autonew()
>  AddIns.Add FileName:="c:\eigene dateien\d_mdm.dot"

>'This works always :
>'Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch"

>'This causes troube on some machines
>  MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch

>  AddIns("c:\eigene dateien\d_mdm.dot").Delete
>'....other commands

>End Sub

>> Hope this helps and have a great day!

>> --
>>  ===================================
>> | Steve Lang
>> | slang~at~lcb~dot~state~dot~nv~dot~us
>> | Legislative Counsel Bureau
>> | State of Nevada
>> | 401 S. Carson Street
>> | Carson City NV, USA
>> | 1.775.684.6830
>> | GMT-8
>>  ===================================

>> > Hallo,

>> > I want to call a makro from another project. If I use the syntax:

>> > Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.makro1"
>> > everything works fine. However, I can't use a parameter with this
>> > syntax  which I would like to do.

>> > The following syntax which should be equvalent fails with the error
code
>> > "424 Object required"

>> >  MDM.MAutonew.makro1

>> > Any idea ??

>> > Best regards
>> > --
>> > Jrgen Ruf
>> > ---------------------
>> > media transfer GmbH
>> > Kleyerstrasse 8
>> > 64295 Darmstadt

>> > WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
>> > Phone : +49 6151 819312
>> > Fax   : +49 6151 819341

>Thanks in advance

>Jrgen Ruf
>---------------------
>media transfer GmbH
>Kleyerstrasse 8
>64295 Darmstadt

>WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
>Phone : +49 6151 819312
>Fax   : +49 6151 819341

>ACHTUNG:  Ab 1.5.2000 neue Adresse:
>Dolivostr. 11
>64293 Darmstadt

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 424: Object required

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan West schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi Jrgen,

> Which version of Word are you using? If you are using Word 97, then
> parameters can't be used with Application.Run. If you are using Word 2K,
> then they can.

I am using Word 97.

Quote:
> To workaround the parameters limitation, you could put some information into
> an INI file or the registry, and have the AutoNewGlobalDeutsch macro pick it
> up from there.

Thanks for the advice, I will check this. However, directly calling the macro
with Application.Run still doesn't work. Is this  known bug ( I couldn't find
anthing the the MSDN) ?

Quote:
> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word questions
> by email

> >Hi Steve,

> >Steve schrieb:

> >> Hi Jurgen,

> >> Make sure you are referencing your MDM project in the one you are calling
> >> from. Go to the Tools | References menu and make sure the MDM project is
> >> checked.

> >I want to dynamically load  the makro where the project MDM is located.
> >Therefore I don't want to reference the MDM project as the link is removed
> >afterwards.
> >The problem is that the command works on some PCs and on others not.
> However,
> >I can't find the difference. I include the complete set of commands:

> >Sub autonew()
> >  AddIns.Add FileName:="c:\eigene dateien\d_mdm.dot"

> >'This works always :
> >'Application.Run "MDM.MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch"

> >'This causes troube on some machines
> >  MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch

> >  AddIns("c:\eigene dateien\d_mdm.dot").Delete
> >'....other commands

> >End Sub

> >> Hope this helps and have a great day!

> >> --
> >>  ===================================
> >>  ===================================

> code

> >Thanks in advance

> >Jrgen Ruf
> >---------------------
> >media transfer GmbH
> >Kleyerstrasse 8
> >64295 Darmstadt

> >WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
> >Phone : +49 6151 819312
> >Fax   : +49 6151 819341

> >ACHTUNG:  Ab 1.5.2000 neue Adresse:
> >Dolivostr. 11
> >64293 Darmstadt

Thanks a lot

Jrgen Ruf
---------------------
media transfer GmbH
Kleyerstrasse 8
64295 Darmstadt

WWW   : www.mtgnet.de
Phone : +49 6151 819312
Fax   : +49 6151 819341

ACHTUNG:  Ab 1.5.2000 neue Adresse:
Dolivostr. 11
64293 Darmstadt

  jruf.vcf
< 1K Download

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 424: Object required

Quote:

>> To workaround the parameters limitation, you could put some information
into
>> an INI file or the registry, and have the AutoNewGlobalDeutsch macro pick
it
>> up from there.

>Thanks for the advice, I will check this. However, directly calling the
macro
>with Application.Run still doesn't work. Is this  known bug ( I couldn't
find
>anthing the the MSDN) ?

I'm confused now, I thouight you had said that Application.Run always works.
Could you post the line of code that trips up?

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
by email

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 424: Object required
Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan West schrieb:

Quote:

> >> To workaround the parameters limitation, you could put some information
> into
> >> an INI file or the registry, and have the AutoNewGlobalDeutsch macro pick
> it
> >> up from there.

> >Thanks for the advice, I will check this. However, directly calling the
> macro
> >with Application.Run still doesn't work. Is this  known bug ( I couldn't
> find
> >anthing the the MSDN) ?

> I'm confused now, I thouight you had said that Application.Run always works.
> Could you post the line of code that trips up?

Sorry, my fault. Application.Run DOES WORK. However, calling the makro directly
(MDM.MAutonew.AutoNewGlobalDeutsch.) causes problems on some machines.

Quote:

> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word questions
> by email

Best regards

Juergen Ruf

Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Automation error... Error 424, Object Required

2. Error Starting application executable (error 424 - Object required)

3. run-time error 424 object required

4. Runtime error 424: Object required

5. Error 424 Object Required

6. Clipboard.Clear - Returns Error 424 - Object Required

7. Run-Time Error 424, Object-Required.

8. runtime error 424 object required

9. VBscript - Error 424 Object Required - NEED a FIX

10. Run time error 424 Object Required

11. Run time error 424 - object required!

12. Run time error 424 - object required!