Replacing Standard Menu Bar?
Author Message
 Replacing Standard Menu Bar?

I thought the following would create a new menu bar & replace the standard
menu bar

    mexpSearch.CommandBars.Add , , True, True

But when I execute this, nothing appears to change.  Am I misunderstanding
something?

--
JR

Thu, 02 Oct 2003 07:36:19 GMT
 Replacing Standard Menu Bar?
I don't think you can replace the Standard toolbar, you can modify it
or make it invisible. You can also add your own toolbar, show that and
make the Standard one invisible. Are you making the new toolbar
visible and enabled?

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> I thought the following would create a new menu bar & replace the
standard
> menu bar

>     mexpSearch.CommandBars.Add , , True, True

> But when I execute this, nothing appears to change.  Am I
misunderstanding
> something?

> --
> JR

Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:50:43 GMT
 Replacing Standard Menu Bar?
According to the online help, the 3rd argument to Add will cause the new
commandbar to replace the standard menu bar.

Quote:
> I don't think you can replace the Standard toolbar, you can modify it
> or make it invisible. You can also add your own toolbar, show that and
> make the Standard one invisible. Are you making the new toolbar
> visible and enabled?

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> Appendices, Sams

> > I thought the following would create a new menu bar & replace the
> standard
> > menu bar

> >     mexpSearch.CommandBars.Add , , True, True

> > But when I execute this, nothing appears to change.  Am I
> misunderstanding
> > something?

> > --
> > JR

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 02:36:38 GMT
 Replacing Standard Menu Bar?
Help is somewhat inaccurate, as it often is. To replace the Menu Bar
with your custom one you still have to set the custom one Visible
before the Menu Bar is replaced (made invisible). So if your
assignment is:

Set myBar = mexpSearch.CommandBars.Add(, , True, True)

You need this:
myBar.Visible = True

as the next line to make the Menu Bar (or whatever is the active
CommandBar at that time) invisible and the new one visible.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Quote:
> According to the online help, the 3rd argument to Add will cause the
new
> commandbar to replace the standard menu bar.

Sat, 04 Oct 2003 03:24:10 GMT

1. Insert a picture on sub-menu of standard bar

2. RegEx Special Replacing (not the standard .replace)

3. Context Menu Handlers disables standard menu items

4. lost the Word menu bar and tool bar

5. Height of Menu Bar and Title Bar

6. Status bar+ menu bar

7. Q: Removing title bar and/or Menu bar from a window

8. Geometry Management: determining border, title bar, menu bar width

9. Replacing "Me" in a standard module

10. Replace standard New Message Form?

11. How To Replace A Non-Standard Paragraph Mark

12. Replace standard print footer in Exporer from script