running total page numbers
Author Message
 running total page numbers

I have had a problem with formatting page numbers in Word
2000.  Sometimes when I select the auto text "page X of Y"
option in the header/footer window it formats correctly.
Other times each page will print as "1 of 1" "2 of 2" "3
of 3" instead of "1 of 3" "2 of 3" etc.
I created a document on Tuesday and this worked fine.  the
same document was reverting back to "1 of 1" a few days
later instead of the running-total.

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:02:04 GMT
 running total page numbers
Hi, Lynn,

See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Quote:

> I have had a problem with formatting page numbers in Word
> 2000.  Sometimes when I select the auto text "page X of Y"
> option in the header/footer window it formats correctly.
> Other times each page will print as "1 of 1" "2 of 2" "3
> of 3" instead of "1 of 3" "2 of 3" etc.
> I created a document on Tuesday and this worked fine.  the
> same document was reverting back to "1 of 1" a few days
> later instead of the running-total.

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:51:30 GMT

1. Adding Total Number of slides to the page number field in the footer

2. Word not printing total number of pages in page footer correctly

3. Page number totals...

4. total number of pages in VBA word

5. total number of pages in all open docs

6. Total Number Pages in Report?

7. total number of pages

8. Total Number of Pages from Formula

9. Crystal - Displaying Total Number of Pages to be Printed

10. Total number of pages in a report?

11. How To Detect Total Page Number ?

12. Total page number