How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
Author Message
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)

I had designed some forms for Contacts and tasks for outlook2000, and can
publish and set default by manual.
But I need do this in a COM add-in by program. I had tried many ways, buf
failed.
Who can help me? Thanks!

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:25:48 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
Global default or folder default?

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> I had designed some forms for Contacts and tasks for outlook2000, and can
> publish and set default by manual.
> But I need do this in a COM add-in by program. I had tried many ways, buf
> failed.
> Who can help me? Thanks!

Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:30:28 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
I don't know!
The following is the procedure for design the task form:
In outlook menu, click "file \new \task", and a form is displayed, click the
"tools\form \design this form" menu in the form. What I had done is add a
new page in this form. And I save it as taskform.oft file in my disk. Now, I
want to set the form I save as taskform.oft to the default form in outlook
BY PROGRAM, when I click new task the outlook should display the task form I
designed instead of the default form before.
Could you understand me?
Waite for your help!
Thanks!

Quote:
> Global default or folder default?

> --

> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
>      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > I had designed some forms for Contacts and tasks for outlook2000, and
can
> > publish and set default by manual.
> > But I need do this in a COM add-in by program. I had tried many ways,
buf
> > failed.
> > Who can help me? Thanks!

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:30:21 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
OK, you're talking about a global default that runs every time a new task is
created, not a default form for a folder.

You can change the global default with a registry entry. Microsoft provides
a tool to change the registry for you, then you can export that portion of
the registry to get the details you need to work the changes it into your
program. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm#sub

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
     Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide

> I don't know!
> The following is the procedure for design the task form:
> In outlook menu, click "file \new \task", and a form is displayed, click
the
> "tools\form \design this form" menu in the form. What I had done is add a
> new page in this form. And I save it as taskform.oft file in my disk. Now,
> want to set the form I save as taskform.oft to the default form in outlook
> BY PROGRAM, when I click new task the outlook should display the task form
> designed instead of the default form before.
> Could you understand me?
> Waite for your help!
> Thanks!

Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:38:24 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
Thanks for your replay!
Let me tell you more details.
I need to create a setup.exe file. After the user run my setup.exe, all the
things should had been finished AUTOMATICALLY.
But the article in the web sit you give me provide a manual method to set a
form default only.
Could you give me a sample if you have, thanks!

Quote:
> OK, you're talking about a global default that runs every time a new task
is
> created, not a default form for a folder.

> You can change the global default with a registry entry. Microsoft
provides
> a tool to change the registry for you, then you can export that portion of
> the registry to get the details you need to work the changes it into your
> program. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm#sub

> --

> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
>      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > I don't know!
> > The following is the procedure for design the task form:
> > In outlook menu, click "file \new \task", and a form is displayed, click
> the
> > "tools\form \design this form" menu in the form. What I had done is add
> > new page in this form. And I save it as taskform.oft file in my disk.
Now,
> > want to set the form I save as taskform.oft to the default form in
outlook
> > BY PROGRAM, when I click new task the outlook should display the task
form
> > designed instead of the default form before.
> > Could you understand me?
> > Waite for your help!
> > Thanks!

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:15:20 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
Your setup program would need to set the registry entries that you'll be
able to see with the manual method. This is a standard features of most, if
not all, setup tools.

Quote:
> Thanks for your replay!
> Let me tell you more details.
> I need to create a setup.exe file. After the user run my setup.exe, all
the
> things should had been finished AUTOMATICALLY.
> But the article in the web sit you give me provide a manual method to set
> form default only.
> Could you give me a sample if you have, thanks!

> > OK, you're talking about a global default that runs every time a new
task
> is
> > created, not a default form for a folder.

> > You can change the global default with a registry entry. Microsoft
> provides
> > a tool to change the registry for you, then you can export that portion
of
> > the registry to get the details you need to work the changes it into
your
> > program. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm#sub

> > --

> > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> > Author of
> >      Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
> >      Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide
> > Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

> > > I don't know!
> > > The following is the procedure for design the task form:
> > > In outlook menu, click "file \new \task", and a form is displayed,
click
> > the
> > > "tools\form \design this form" menu in the form. What I had done is
add
> > > new page in this form. And I save it as taskform.oft file in my disk.
> Now,
> > > want to set the form I save as taskform.oft to the default form in
> outlook
> > > BY PROGRAM, when I click new task the outlook should display the task
> form
> > > designed instead of the default form before.
> > > Could you understand me?
> > > Waite for your help!
> > > Thanks!

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:24:42 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
My God!
Is there no way to do that???

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:03:26 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
Sorry, I don't understand the question. Are you looking for help on how to
use your setup program to set registry entries?

Quote:
> My God!
> Is there no way to do that???

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:26:55 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
OK! There are some error in my words. Sorry!!
The following is all the thing I want to do.
I designed some forms for the contact and task in outlook2000. And I want to
package these form into a setup file so that other users can use my form.
The request is that the setup should set my form as default, that to say the
outlook should display my form instead of the default form if user create a
new item after setup.
It is simple by manual to do it. I can create a .oft file and publish it,
and set it as default .
But, I want to package it into a setup.exe file. So, all the action should
be AUTOMATICALLY. In my idea, I can create a COM add-ins, my form should be
publish and then be set as default while the COM add-ins startup. I can
package the .oft file and the COM add-ins into my setup.exe .
Now, I had learned how to publish my form in my COM add-ins. But I can not
set it as default . All the articals I had read provide a manual method only
.
One person said that CDO can do it, but I have not Exchange!
Could you understand me? Please give me a sample for code, thanks!!

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 21:42:20 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
CDO does not require Exchange. It is included as an optional component in
Outlook 2000. The Items Command Bar sample at http://www.microeye.com shows
how to have your COM add-in install it if necessary.

However, CDO has nothing to do with either publishing a form or making it
the global default for a particular type of Outlook item. As already
discussed, the global default overrides are set with registry entries. We've
already told you how to get the details of the registry entry for a
particular form. All you need to do is set those registry values via your
COM add-in. If you haven't worked with the registry in VB before, you might
want to start at http://www.vb-world.net/registry/.

If you need help with code to publish an Outlook form, see
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/distributeforms.htm.

If you wanted to make the form the default for a folder, that's were CDO
comes into play, and Ken Slovak has already provided some code in this forum
this week, I believe.

Quote:
> OK! There are some error in my words. Sorry!!
> The following is all the thing I want to do.
> I designed some forms for the contact and task in outlook2000. And I want
> package these form into a setup file so that other users can use my form.
> The request is that the setup should set my form as default, that to say
the
> outlook should display my form instead of the default form if user create
> new item after setup.
> It is simple by manual to do it. I can create a .oft file and publish it,
> and set it as default .
> But, I want to package it into a setup.exe file. So, all the action should
> be AUTOMATICALLY. In my idea, I can create a COM add-ins, my form should
be
> publish and then be set as default while the COM add-ins startup. I can
> package the .oft file and the COM add-ins into my setup.exe .
> Now, I had learned how to publish my form in my COM add-ins. But I can not
> set it as default . All the articals I had read provide a manual method
only
> .
> One person said that CDO can do it, but I have not Exchange!
> Could you understand me? Please give me a sample for code, thanks!!

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:03:23 GMT
 How to set the form I design default in Outlook 2000 by program(VBA)
Actually, I just showed him the CDO prop tags needed to set the form
as the default for the folder. I don't have a canned code sample for
that, but looking at the CDO code samples at
http://www.cdolive.com/cdo5.htm and the folder prop tags at
http://www.cdolive.com/cdo10.htm should provide enough information to
get started.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> CDO does not require Exchange. It is included as an optional
component in
> Outlook 2000. The Items Command Bar sample at

http://www.microeye.com shows
Quote:
> how to have your COM add-in install it if necessary.

> However, CDO has nothing to do with either publishing a form or
making it
> the global default for a particular type of Outlook item. As already
> discussed, the global default overrides are set with registry
entries. We've
> already told you how to get the details of the registry entry for a
> particular form. All you need to do is set those registry values via
your
> COM add-in. If you haven't worked with the registry in VB before,
you might
> want to start at http://www.vb-world.net/registry/.

> If you need help with code to publish an Outlook form, see
> http://www.slipstick.com/dev/distributeforms.htm.

> If you wanted to make the form the default for a folder, that's were
CDO
> comes into play, and Ken Slovak has already provided some code in
this forum
> this week, I believe.

Tue, 03 Feb 2004 22:33:16 GMT

1. Pointers needed to start Outlook 2000 VBA programming

2. Here's a sample app using Outlook 2000 forms and VBA

3. Form programming Outlook 2000

4. Form programming Outlook 2000

5. VBA in Outlook XP Vs Outlook 2000.

6. Programs folder (Outlook 2000 or Outlook Express

7. Setting default values in VBA forms

8. form of outlook xp to outlook 2000 sp3

9. Linking Project 2000 to Outlook 2000 custom forms

10. Linking Project 2000 to Outlook 2000 custom forms

11. Linking Project 2000 to Outlook 2000 custom forms