97 gives different result to 2000
Author Message
 97 gives different result to 2000

I have an Excel spreadsheet used for quotes/costings from which I have
written a macro which creates a New Delivery Note from a template and copies
various information from some of the cells across to the relevant areas into
a table in the Word document.

I created the macro in Office 2000 and it runs perfectly.  However, when
running the macro in Office 97, each cell that is copied over to the
relevant cell in the Word table adds a new line (paragraph mark) to the end
of the cell thus making each cell deeper than it should be and therefore
making the document more than the one page which I need.

The relevant lines of code which do the copying/pasting are quoted below:

Range("B19").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    If ActiveCell = "" Then
    Else
    Selection.Copy
    appWD.Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="Data1a"
    appWD.Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteText,
Placement:= _
        wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False
    End If

Does anyone know why there would be a difference between the way the code is
interpreted in Word 97 over Word 2000?

Many thanks in Advance

Michele Watson

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:12:42 GMT

1. LIKE query gives different results in Access 2000 and VB6 SP5

2. /a switch different in Word 2000 and Word 97

3. Different query results in Access 2000 than in VB

4. VD and ACCESS give different results

5. Dir$ function and Dir listbox gives different results

6. BitBlt give me different result on some computers

7. Access 97/2000 and Outlook 2000 Conflict?!

8. Native code results different from p-code results

9. SQL select different results on different forms

10. cr6 prof - different printers = different results

11. Problem with 97 database running in 2000

12. Opening Access 97 mdb file with Windows 2000