Inserting attachments in body for RTF format.
Author Message
 Inserting attachments in body for RTF format.

Hi

I am compiling VBA email messages using RTF. I want to be able to have a
paragraph in the body, then the applicable attachment underneath, and then
the next set. I can set the first paragraph, and attachment, but when I want
to set the next (by using objMail.Body=ObjMail.Body & "the next
paragraph..."), outlook strips out previous formats and converts to plain
text. It works fine for HTML (objMail.HTMLBody=objMail.HTMLBody & "the next
paragraph..")

Any ideas? Basically, I am trying to put attachments in the body, and HTML
mail inserts them at the  end of the message - if I could do this with HTML,
it would be great.

Regards
Graeme

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:06:52 GMT
 Inserting attachments in body for RTF format.
It is not possible to create a formatted RTF message directly in Outlook.
Whenever you set the Body property, it strips any previous formatting. See
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formatmsg.htm.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi

> I am compiling VBA email messages using RTF. I want to be able to have a
> paragraph in the body, then the applicable attachment underneath, and then
> the next set. I can set the first paragraph, and attachment, but when I
want
> to set the next (by using objMail.Body=ObjMail.Body & "the next
> paragraph..."), outlook strips out previous formats and converts to plain
> text. It works fine for HTML (objMail.HTMLBody=objMail.HTMLBody & "the
next
> paragraph..")

> Any ideas? Basically, I am trying to put attachments in the body, and HTML
> mail inserts them at the  end of the message - if I could do this with
HTML,
> it would be great.

> Regards
> Graeme

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:41:34 GMT

1. Q: Attachment: How to insert filename of attachment in message body

2. Put formatted (.rtf) text in message body from Access

3. RTF - inserting text - difficulties with RTF code stripped by Outlook

4. picture format in rtf code (richtext/rtf control)

5. Disable RTF format in a RTF Box

6. picture format in rtf code (richtext/rtf control)

7. Needed: Modul for writing formatted text to be saved in RTF - Format

8. vbCrLf after attachment - (not '.Body')

9. Body Layout with an Attachment

10. Retrieving attachments and body from .msg files using a standalone application

11. Html attachment visible in mailitem body

12. Attachments and the mail Body