Combo Box won't dropdown on form open
Author Message
 Combo Box won't dropdown on form open

Hi All,

I am wanting to have a combo box dropdown when a form is opened.  Any
of the following methods work when I switch from design view to form
view, but they don't when I open the form directly from the database
window, (and so I presume that they won't when I open the form through
the navigation methods that I provide to my users.)

Code in Open, Load, and/or Current events for form:
        with Me!cboGroupID
                .SetFocus
                .DropDown
        end with

Code in cboGroup_GotFocus event
        me!cboGroup.DropDown

Additional info:
The form is unbound.  cboGroup allows user to select a record ID,
various fields from that record are then displayed on two subforms
located on the main form.

cboGroup.TabStop = True
cboGroup.TabIndex = 0

Anybody have an explanation for this behavior, or better still, a way
to create the effect I am seeking?

TIA
Gordon Young

(Strip the SPAM for the actual address)

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Combo Box won't dropdown on form open

Aside from Trying some other Events,
OR on the Button that Opens that Form (after the OpenForm command, Run the
control.dropdown)  (probably best bet to try)
You Could set the Timer on the Form, for like 1 Second( value of 1000)
(less or more, will have to experiment) and on the timer event, Then drop
down the combo box, and set the timer interval to 0 (to stop the timer)
This way it happens After the form is done loading.

--
\                                            /
  \   Brian Mailloux              /

/                                            \

Quote:

>Hi All,

>I am wanting to have a combo box dropdown when a form is opened.  Any
>of the following methods work when I switch from design view to form
>view, but they don't when I open the form directly from the database
>window, (and so I presume that they won't when I open the form through
>the navigation methods that I provide to my users.)

>Code in Open, Load, and/or Current events for form:
> with Me!cboGroupID
> .SetFocus
> .DropDown
> end with

>Code in cboGroup_GotFocus event
> me!cboGroup.DropDown

>Additional info:
>The form is unbound.  cboGroup allows user to select a record ID,
>various fields from that record are then displayed on two subforms
>located on the main form.

>cboGroup.TabStop = True
>cboGroup.TabIndex = 0

>Anybody have an explanation for this behavior, or better still, a way
>to create the effect I am seeking?

>TIA
>Gordon Young

>(Strip the SPAM for the actual address)

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Combo Box won't dropdown on form open

You're probably getting hung up in the event processing for the form and
subforms. Remember, the subforms open ,get focus, etc. first, THEN the
main form.  Try going to the design window for the form, and set a watch
point in the code in the load event.  Track the activity when you open the
form.  You may even find it works when you single-step it!  Good luck.

Quote:

> Hi All,

> I am wanting to have a combo box dropdown when a form is opened.  Any
> of the following methods work when I switch from design view to form
> view, but they don't when I open the form directly from the database
> window, (and so I presume that they won't when I open the form through
> the navigation methods that I provide to my users.)

> Code in Open, Load, and/or Current events for form:
>         with Me!cboGroupID
>                 .SetFocus
>                 .DropDown
>         end with

> Code in cboGroup_GotFocus event
>         me!cboGroup.DropDown

> Additional info:
> The form is unbound.  cboGroup allows user to select a record ID,
> various fields from that record are then displayed on two subforms
> located on the main form.

> cboGroup.TabStop = True
> cboGroup.TabIndex = 0

> Anybody have an explanation for this behavior, or better still, a way
> to create the effect I am seeking?

> TIA
> Gordon Young

> (Strip the SPAM for the actual address)

Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dropdown Combo Box doesn't close.

2. Bound combo box won't let be cancel/undo, continually generating error messages

3. Combo box won't update

4. List, Combo and Text Boxes Won't Line Up

5. Combo Box won't Change

6. Control Box won't unload form!

7. Combo date value set by code gets ignored by combo's list when opened

8. 97, Combo box, Dropdown problem.

9. how to set read only a dropdown combo box

10. Default value for dropdown combo list box?

11. Newbie: Set a combo box style(2)/Dropdown list to the first element in the list

12. Combo box: Dropdown expand mode