Corrupted Databases in Access 97
Author Message
 Corrupted Databases in Access 97

I updated Office to SR-2, but I still keep getting corrupted databases.
Has there been any updates to Jet since SR-2?
I repair and compact my databases regularly using acces menu options, but I
recall reading somewhere that some other procedure had to be used.
Can anyone give me a hint on this?

Thanks a lot in advanced
Mario Osorio

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted Databases in Access 97
What is the nature of your corruption?  Does is happen often to a multi-user
database?  Are you on a Novel network?  Do you have your database split into
a front end and backend?

Does compacting and repairing work for a while?

Randy

Quote:

>I updated Office to SR-2, but I still keep getting corrupted databases.
>Has there been any updates to Jet since SR-2?
>I repair and compact my databases regularly using acces menu options, but I
>recall reading somewhere that some other procedure had to be used.
>Can anyone give me a hint on this?

>Thanks a lot in advanced
>Mario Osorio

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted Databases in Access 97
What is the nature of your corruption?
Most times users start getting error messages about invalid BookMarks, some
other times I get GPF's.
Does is happen often to a multi-user database?
Yes it does.
Are you on a Novel network?
Nope; Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 98.
Do you have your database split into a front end and backend?
Yes.
Does compacting and repairing work for a while?
Right, might last anywhere from a few minutes to a few days (some times
even a few weeks)
When I repair sometimes I loose some data (God Bless Backups!) never,
howevere, have that lost data been records added that same day (thanks God
again!)
Lately, when I try to repair I get messages about null values (It's hard for
me to translate all these messages from spanish).

Once again, thanks a lot
Mario Osorio

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted Databases in Access 97
I have version 3.51.2026.0 oj the MS Jet Engine Library, I'll try and see if
there is a neweer one. Thanks

Mario Osorio

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted Databases in Access 97
have you tried to decompile the database?

Quote:
> I have version 3.51.2026.0 oj the MS Jet Engine Library, I'll try and see
if
> there is a neweer one. Thanks

> Mario Osorio

Fri, 28 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Corrupted Databases in Access 97
I haven't tried decompiling (haven't done it before, but I think it's an
undocumented command line switch)
My question is: Will this help in a database that contains nothing but
tables?

Thanks a lot in advanced
Mario Osorio

Sat, 29 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Corrupt ACCESS 97 Database

2. Access 97 Database corrupts regularly (VB5 frontend) HELP!

3. Corrupt Access 97 database

4. corrupted index in Access 97

5. Corrupt Access 97 VBA Project?

6. Corrupt memo fields in Access 97?

7. Corrupted Access 97 table - can it be salvaged?

8. MS Access 97 copyobject method corrupting table object

9. sending bookmark data from word 97 to access 97 database

10. Choose a database in a database - Access 97

11. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

12. Creating new Access 97 database by VB code in Access 2000 module