Maximum length of a string, temporary field
Author Message
 Maximum length of a string, temporary field

depends on the data type.....

if the field is Text Data type then maximum length is 255 chars.  If it is a
Memo Data Type then the maximum is actually quite large.

Quote:
>Moiz
>London

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Maximum length of a string, temporary field

Hi,

Look in Help at Specifications.

My experience tells me that if your email message is long then look at
alternatives. But I might be wrong.  I tend to think that when you're using
Access to send an email message, your email message should be as concise as
possible, eg "Yo Dude... Here's the report" or something.... If you find
yourself trying to export a string the size of an encyclopedia (:-)), I'd
say it's time to rethink your strategy.  Remember Access is a database, not
a MAPI application.  It's only thanks to VBA that we can use MAPI in an
integrated environment.

Just my usual $.001
Dev

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:I want to use a field as the body of an e-mail message, what is the maximum
:length of the field?
:
:e.g..
:Dim txtMessage as String
:
:
:what is the max length of txtMessage?
:
:
:--
:Moiz
:London

:
:
:

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Maximum length of a string, temporary field

Hi Moiz,

Memo field could do the trick for you.  Glad I could help.

:I enclose your virtual fee for $ 0.01

btw that's $0.001 adjusted for inflation and taxes :-)

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:Dev,
:
:I read your comments, with care, and have learnt lots.
:
:I am thinking of using a memo field, or maybe export to a text
:file.(notepad)
:
:Integrating Access & Outlook offers such incredible potential.
:
:I enclose your virtual fee for $ 0.01
:
:>:Moiz
:>:London

:>:
:>:
:>:
:>
:>
:
:

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Maximum length of a string, temporary field

I want to use a field as the body of an e-mail message, what is the maximum
length of the field?

e.g..
Dim txtMessage as String

what is the max length of txtMessage?

--
Moiz
London

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Maximum length of a string, temporary field

Dev,

I read your comments, with care, and have learnt lots.

I am thinking of using a memo field, or maybe export to a text
file.(notepad)

Integrating Access & Outlook offers such incredible potential.

I enclose your virtual fee for $ 0.01

Quote:
>:Moiz
>:London

>:
>:
>:

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADOX: Extending a fixed length Jet string field length

2. Maximum Length of String in VBA

3. Maximum length of Selection string

4. Maximum Length of characters for SQL statement (or string)

5. What is maximum length of SQL string???

6. Maximum String Length

7. Maximum field length using ODBC and Visual Basic 4

8. Maximum field length using ODBC and Visual Basic 4

9. Allow Zero Length String in a field using SQL

10. DAO 2.5 won't convert zero length string to null in date field

11. DAO 2.5 won't convert zero length string to null in date field

12. VB4.0 Field can't be a zero-length string