Spell checking RTF text thru DDE
Author Message
 Spell checking RTF text thru DDE

I'm trying to spell check rich formatted text using DDE
with Word.  The spell check works, but Word returns the
text without the RTF codes, so the formatting is lost.

Is there a way to pass the RTF text to Word, have it spell
checked, and get it back with the RTF control codes intact?

Sue

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 07:52:45 GMT
 Spell checking RTF text thru DDE

Yes, set up a temporary document in word, paste in, spell check, cut
content, paste back.

Quote:
>I'm trying to spell check rich formatted text using DDE
>with Word.  The spell check works, but Word returns the
>text without the RTF codes, so the formatting is lost.

>Is there a way to pass the RTF text to Word, have it spell
>checked, and get it back with the RTF control codes intact?

>Sue

Steve Hudson

Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
Tricky stuff with Word or words for you.

Products:   http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 735 pages of dump left and dropping...

The VBA Beginner's Spellbook: For all VBA users.

Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:31:45 GMT

1. Spell check facility for a RTF text box

2. Spell checking a RTF control in VB or Access

3. Spell checking a RTF control?

4. How to spell check a RTF box

5. Spell checking a RTF control?

6. spell check text box in word 2000 form

7. Spell check text boxes on a protected document

8. Spell check for text field needed!

9. Text Box Spell Checking

10. rich text box with spell checking

11. Spell Checking & Rich Text Boxes