Automate Import/Export
Author Message
 Automate Import/Export

Hi Everyone,

I'm needing to be able to export data from my database so that it can be
modified in Excel and then imported back into access later. I have tried
various options and they all work fine except that they all have to be done
manually. this database is eventually going to be used by someone who is not
that access literate and I'd rather like to automate the whole process.

Ideally I'd like to have a button that says "Export" which will then export
the data currently being viewed and ask the user what they want to call it
and where they want to put it. Is this possible?

On the import side, I'd like a similar function that will automatically
bring up the "import" box asking for what needs to be imported and then have
this information appended to an existing access table.

Thank you for all your help!
Rene

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:04:33 GMT

1. Timed Automated Import/export?

2. Automated Importing from .csv

3. Automated Import

4. Automating Import Objects

5. Automating importing a text file (comma delimited) with VBA

6. automating the import of files into a table

7. Automating Importing a specific file using modules

8. Automate Import data from an Excel Range - inexperienced question

9. Automated Text File import

10. Automating text file import - VBA

11. Automating text file import

12. Automating Text File Import