Appending chr(13) to a memo field?
Author Message
 Appending chr(13) to a memo field?

I have data from multiple records that I want to append to one single memo
field such that there are carriage returns between each item.  By using the
AppendChunk method, I have no problem getting the data into the memo field.
However, I cannot seem to figure out a way to get a carriage return in
between.

Here is a section of my code:
rsOutput!Result.AppendChunk (Chr(13))
rsOutput!Result.AppendChunk (rsInput!sequence_id & ". " & rsInput!Result)

What I end up with is those funky squares where the carriage return should
be, and it all prints in a continuous line.  I've also tried chr(10) with
the same result.  I tried using vbKeyReturn, but that appears not to work
with AppendChunk.  You can manually enter a carriage return into a memo
field - is there not some way to programmatically do the same thing?

Any assistance appreciated...

Anita

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 02:49:52 GMT
 Appending chr(13) to a memo field?
I imagine you need both a carriage return and a line feed.  Try the constant
vbCrLf.

--

Dirk Goldgar
(remove NOSPAM from reply address)

Quote:
> I have data from multiple records that I want to append to one single memo
> field such that there are carriage returns between each item.  By using
the
> AppendChunk method, I have no problem getting the data into the memo
field.
> However, I cannot seem to figure out a way to get a carriage return in
> between.

> Here is a section of my code:
> rsOutput!Result.AppendChunk (Chr(13))
> rsOutput!Result.AppendChunk (rsInput!sequence_id & ". " & rsInput!Result)

> What I end up with is those funky squares where the carriage return should
> be, and it all prints in a continuous line.  I've also tried chr(10) with
> the same result.  I tried using vbKeyReturn, but that appears not to work
> with AppendChunk.  You can manually enter a carriage return into a memo
> field - is there not some way to programmatically do the same thing?

> Any assistance appreciated...

> Anita

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:51:40 GMT
 Appending chr(13) to a memo field?
A Barber,

To insert a character line feed , you would have to user BOTH chr(13) &
chr(10) together or the constant vbCRLF.

chr(13) is just a carriage return and chr(10) is just a line feed.

ALso, I would write the contents to a variable and then set the  variable
equal to the memo field

VBNovice

Quote:
> I have data from multiple records that I want to append to one single memo
> field such that there are carriage returns between each item.  By using
the
> AppendChunk method, I have no problem getting the data into the memo
field.
> However, I cannot seem to figure out a way to get a carriage return in
> between.

> Here is a section of my code:
> rsOutput!Result.AppendChunk (Chr(13))
> rsOutput!Result.AppendChunk (rsInput!sequence_id & ". " & rsInput!Result)

> What I end up with is those funky squares where the carriage return should
> be, and it all prints in a continuous line.  I've also tried chr(10) with
> the same result.  I tried using vbKeyReturn, but that appears not to work
> with AppendChunk.  You can manually enter a carriage return into a memo
> field - is there not some way to programmatically do the same thing?

> Any assistance appreciated...

> Anita

Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:28:03 GMT

1. appending Chr(13) to memo fields?

2. Append memo field to a different memo field

3. chr(10) and chr(13) in memofield gives |

4. Chr(10) & Chr(13)

5. Chr(10) and Chr(13) doesn't work

6. is carriage return chr(13) or chr(32)

7. INPUT OR READ TO STRIP CHR(10) AND CHR(13)

8. What is chr$(13) + chr$(10)

9. vbCRLF = chr(13) + chr(10)

10. Append Chunk Function never appends to memo field

11. Enter Parameter value CHR(13)

12. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr